Author Topic: Slow material editor...only with corona  (Read 19124 times)

2015-10-02, 16:10:12
Reply #15

marobaro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You're not alone.
I am a seasoned pro. Working in 3d studio since DOS v.4.
Swapped to Corona few months back, due to its incredibly natural and logical setup, plus great and fast renders. BUT (and it's a BIG one) slate with corona sends my machine (DellT5610) into spasms of perpetually spinning blue wheel and freezing windows. Didnt have that with vray. Not sure what to do as I love the way corona works. (less lack of glare and bloom rendering effects, and camera distortions perhaps)
Marek

2015-10-03, 12:55:57
Reply #16

srikken

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same here

But I found out that if you turn of the renderqueue (bottom left in the slate editor) it will speed up a lot.
Only the material previews wont update anymore, so its guessing what the material will do in the render. Or use the interactive render to see what happens.

2016-07-12, 13:31:59
Reply #17

mtanasiewicz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same here, extremly lagging slate material editor in max 2016 with all service packs...

2016-07-12, 14:06:56
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Same here, extremly lagging slate material editor in max 2016 with all service packs...

Have you tried this solution? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000011862-material-editor-is-very-slow-freezing-in-corona-1-4
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-08-13, 23:22:48
Reply #19

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Maru.

I did everything but nothing seems to work, the lag in max is astonishin, it's impossible to work!

I'm desperate, right now I'm upgrading to Windows 10 annyversary update to see if this helps, but I'm in a tight deadline and this is breaking all my deadlines, I have 1.4 hotfix 1 :P

Cheers.

2016-09-01, 20:28:31
Reply #20

Jack

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Maru.

I did everything but nothing seems to work, the lag in max is astonishin, it's impossible to work!

I'm desperate, right now I'm upgrading to Windows 10 annyversary update to see if this helps, but I'm in a tight deadline and this is breaking all my deadlines, I have 1.4 hotfix 1 :P

Cheers.

Same here..(( I tried all windows 7 updates and instructions and mat editor it is still very!!! slow. This really makes nervous while working in tough deadline as speed become very essential in 3D world. Hope this issue won't persist in the next version... ((         

2016-09-01, 21:10:01
Reply #21

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Don't forget we are looking for people experiencing this problem - just a note here for anyone who finds this thread first, please see:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12975.msg83928.html#msg83928

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-02, 01:02:48
Reply #22

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3d max mat map Browser in last Max version's is completely absolutely terrible slowly after all the "wonderful" and very "convenient"
improvements produced by Autodesk:) for example: loading and caching last material Library opened and don't closed from preview's project or SEVERAL PROJECT'S--- O_O///especially it's "works great" with Office network's:)
The fastest  map Browser of 3dmax this old type map Browser from B.C. max:)

So to revert goto:
C:\Users\you\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\20xx – 64bit\enu\plugcfg
and open SME.ini

Change to the following:
ShowMtlBrowser=0
UseOldMtlBrowser=1

and be happy as me:)))
« Last Edit: 2016-09-02, 12:08:39 by denisgo22 »

2016-09-02, 14:15:29
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
3d max mat map Browser in last Max version's is completely absolutely terrible slowly after all the "wonderful" and very "convenient"
improvements produced by Autodesk:) (...)
So to revert goto:
and open SME.ini

Change to the following:
ShowMtlBrowser=0
UseOldMtlBrowser=1

But this has nothing to do with Corona, right? It also happens with any other renderer selected?

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-02, 15:27:32
Reply #24

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
improvements produced by Autodesk:) (...)
So to revert goto:
and open SME.ini

Change to the following:
ShowMtlBrowser=0
UseOldMtlBrowser=1

But this has nothing to do with Corona, right? It also happens with any other renderer selected?

Right, this applies only to the 3dmax, and no matter what renderer to use////
With new map Browser from Autodesk, even Vray,ScanLine and other render's  materials opened much,much slowly////
your can see that by yourself...In any case, your can always restore all settings back///

« Last Edit: 2016-09-02, 15:33:20 by denisgo22 »