Author Topic: How to achieve glossy refraction in a light material filament in a light bulb.  (Read 2177 times)

2015-09-16, 09:27:58

iLEZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • andersryttar.se
Hey! I have a crappy test-scene with some lamps. I am trying - for fun - to recreate a scene from a commercial. See attached image.
The problem I am having is that whenever I make my refraction on the light bulb the least bit glossy the filament almost completely goes away.  I'm attaching pictures with both 0.9 and 1.0 refraction glossyness.
The problem only appears when I try to map the light intensity with a Gradient Ramp. No matter how much RGB level I put in the output of the gradient ramp, the filament just disappears. The light ends up in the scene though, but the filament is only very weakly seen Is this a bug?
How do I get the light to disperse a bit more in the bulb, making it appear more instead of less, while at the same time mapping the intensity of the light on the filament?
I am using a standard glass material. 0.0 diffuse, 1.44 IOR, 1.0 reflection, some reflection glossyness.

2015-09-16, 09:43:49
Reply #1

iLEZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • andersryttar.se
This is sort of what I am looking for. The glossyness works when there is no texmap controlling the intensity of the light mtl.

2015-09-16, 10:04:50
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe your texmap kills light intensity just too much. You can see how ground gets much more light without mapped intensity. Try to ramp up intensity with texmap and match it to mappless one. See if it helps.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-09-16, 10:33:36
Reply #3

iLEZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • andersryttar.se
Maybe your texmap kills light intensity just too much. You can see how ground gets much more light without mapped intensity. Try to ramp up intensity with texmap and match it to mappless one. See if it helps.

Now that's more like it! Thanks! That was embarrassingly simple. :)