Author Topic: CScatter is awesome! Can we have more generator types?  (Read 1447 times)

2015-06-06, 14:19:50

iLEZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • andersryttar.se
I really like CScatter, and I hope it gets expanded with future updates. A suggestion is to add a not-so-random-generator to it too. Hear me out! When I make grass, I start by making, say ten different blades, then I use those blades along with CScatter to make six patches of grass with different settings, using the Halton generator or whatever. Then I convert those six patches of grass into max geometry and use another CScatter object to scatter them on a plane.

Thing is, the scatter algorithm overlaps these six patches of grass too much in some places, and leaves bare patches on other. It would be great to have some sort of "grid size" generator option that randomly picks instanced objects, randomly rotates and scales them, but "evenly" places them on some sort of (hex based?) grid so that the density is sort of uniform all over the object I scatter on.

2015-07-02, 16:48:38
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)