Author Topic: A simple room scene  (Read 6337 times)

2012-11-12, 07:50:03

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, im really new about this render engine, in my opinion for an alpha version its an  amazing engine, hereĀ“s a simple room scene i made, waiting for new versions to come will be marvelous if they integrate bloom effects and lens effects, and the new implementation of displacements, cause i cant use displacement maps like bricks on a box, when i aply it, faces come out of the geometry if i have high values and if i lower values looks like if i aply it a bump map not a displacement maps, thanks for the hardwork to implement new realeses with new options. i vote for ies lights in the forum will be great in the next release.

2012-11-12, 12:27:48
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You need to set every bitmap's "blur" parameter in material editor to 0,01 and textures will look ok. I'm not sure about displacement but it's probably because of that, should work fine. I'm also waiting for a new release as it already has lots of improvements.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-12, 14:54:16
Reply #2

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
I was testing a lot and best blur value is 0,12-0,18.
0,01 is too sharp which can cause some artifacts when bump is strong
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2012-11-12, 17:19:11
Reply #3

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For all my maps i set blur to 0,01 to get sharp bump but for displacements occurs the same thing geometry  faces come out, corona can work with displacements like maxwell render do if you put high values on maxwell render the edges and faces of the geometry like a box for example dont get deformed.

2012-11-12, 17:44:06
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I don't understand your problem with displacement but it's probably already been fixed and will be available in new release:
http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,228
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-12, 18:01:35
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I don't understand your problem with displacement but it's probably already been fixed and will be available in new release:
http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,228

It's better, but far from optimal. I'll have to do more fixing up
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-13, 05:15:43
Reply #6

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi maru and key master this is what im talking about displacement maps, hope it helps with my question, really aprecciate if this could happen in some release of the new version of corona.

2012-11-15, 12:08:45
Reply #7

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Try one smoothing group.

2012-11-15, 17:42:43
Reply #8

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi javadevil already try that option with highest subdivision level, i was thinking if any cpu render like corona can make that option like maxwell render, or its difficult to program that script sorry i dont how its called.