Author Topic: AO exclude/include  (Read 21036 times)

2014-01-27, 19:49:44
Reply #15

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice about all those new modes.
Is it possible to have 'only other objects' and 'exclude list' working at the same time or is it a dropdown menu ?

2014-01-27, 20:19:13
Reply #16

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is a radio button
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-28, 17:49:03
Reply #17

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
Thank you very much, this is exactly what I asked here http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,2527.0.html  Your efficiency is respected)
Design is magic

2014-01-29, 11:47:35
Reply #18

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
AO in Corona is meant only as a dirt simulation, not GI simulation, and as such, is independent on the actual lighting. You should never, ever get into a situation where you need to "enhance" the GI solution with AO in Corona.

Exactly... AO in Corona is meant to be primarily used as a tool to create procedural weathering effects and similar things. It is not meant to enhance accuracy of Global Illumination solution, as GI in Corona is very accurate. Applying AO to pictures rendered in Corona will actually ruin your picture instead of enhancing it.

Some people make mistake of creating very high albedo materials, like absolutely white walls for example, and aside from slowing down rendering a bit, it also removes most of the contact shadows, which people then try to bring back with AO. That is extremely bad approach and prime example of how things should NOT be done ;)

And that does not apply only to Corona. It applies to most of the renderers out there. These days, only renderer i can think of that has so bad GI solution it needs AO to enhance lost contact shadows is Mental Ray.

2014-01-29, 11:50:14
Reply #19

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2015-09-29, 12:03:33
Reply #20

d252

• Active Users
  • PlsGo3D
    • View Profile
    • art3d.ru
Hey! I have a question..
Is there any way to create invisible object that generates AO?
if I turn down the opacity - AO dissapears aswell if I turn off Renderable checkbox..
In my workflow I really need not-renderable objects to generate AO is there any way to achieve it?

2015-09-29, 15:30:45
Reply #21

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Yes there is, just make a second render with CTexmap Renderpass and CoronaAO in it, then add the AO in post.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott