Author Topic: Corona Image Patcher  (Read 2116 times)

2018-12-25, 17:31:04

dawod

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you an idea I did several months ago.

it's about building a small patch tool to generate all images with the possible light condition in a Corona Image Render file, by automatically manipulating the light mix parameters in an image.

Here's a small video for demonstrating the idea!
a timelapse of the results

In this GitHub link https://github.com/dawodx/CoronaImagePatcher, you can find the small rough python code I wrote to do the trick.
It's a bit messy as I just did it quickly just to prove the concept. But I believe this idea has a lot of potentials! if you believe so, please feel free to have a look at it and improve it! ;)

Wish you all happy holidays and happy new year! Thank you for such an amazing tool!

With love,
Dawod

2018-12-26, 07:22:27
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so you want animate scene with light mixer? But in some case  it may be noisy and need control that and rerender scene. And i believe you can compose cxr file in compose software with better result

2018-12-26, 08:06:00
Reply #2

dawod

• Users
    • View Profile
No, I don't want to animate anything. I'm an architect, I want to generate all the possible light conditions in Image CXR file, by manipulating and going through all the light mix parameters combinations. So I can see all the range of possibilities in design. in this example, for instance, I can generate all the day and night shots and what in between them so later I can choose from them the best shots. So later, I can send it to the client or help me to understand the space better during the design.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-26, 08:31:02 by dawod »

2018-12-26, 08:28:35
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i see. I was asked corona team for similar opportunity to send to client corona image editor so they can change light like they want. They still can use trial image editor though

2019-01-03, 19:02:35
Reply #4

Crazy Homeless Guy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Would rendering Light Selects to EXR and then using a composite application or even Photoshop allow you to produce the same results?