Author Topic: Carona 4 C4D MULTIPASS  (Read 6669 times)

2015-05-21, 05:33:59

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please help,

My multass layers are all black, no reflections shadows etc. the layers do render out but they are all black. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance...

2015-05-21, 08:49:29
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Make sure you are using Corona's multipass and not the C4D one. You can find the Corona multipass under the effects rollout (or is it tab? :D) in the render settings.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2015-06-02, 15:58:54
Reply #2

oh.stv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In this matter i would have also a question.

When trying to get my z - Depth pass, something is odd.  I have all other passes, but the z-depth isn there. Do i have to select a certain file type or something? Also, in picture manager the little eye symbol left of each pass, is different for the z depth pass. its just a little dot.

Thanks for any help guys

Greets

Stephan

2015-06-02, 20:59:15
Reply #3

furtonb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
all you need to do is select a filetype that supports layers, then it is going to create a channel from the depth pass (I assume you were missing it in photoshop), not a layer.

2015-06-03, 17:19:55
Reply #4

oh.stv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually i dont think the file type is any issue. Of course i tried psd and tiff.

I did some further testing, and found out that, if u JUST setup the z-depth pass so no other passes, the option "layers" when u try to save ur picture is greyed out.
So did anybody actually did manage to get the z-depth pass out?

And yes, i managed to render all passes, and see them in PS, just the z-depht is behaving differnetly.

thx

Ok,  sorry.  I did some more testing, and i solved the problem.

In case anybody has a similar problem:

The z - depth pass just works for me, if i make 2 of them. Just add the pass 2 times, and one of them will showup as it should.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-03, 18:28:32 by oh.stv »

2015-06-03, 17:45:39
Reply #5

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks nkilar