Author Topic: Add your own materials to Corona library  (Read 419 times)

2024-01-24, 16:33:21

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this was requested already.
In my case, without being able to save my own material to the library, I have no use for it.

Thank you.

2024-01-24, 16:38:31
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No plans for this, as the Corona Material Library will be phased out once the materials are moved over to Cosmos. So this would turn into a Cosmos request :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-24, 17:00:09
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No plans for this, as the Corona Material Library will be phased out once the materials are moved over to Cosmos. So this would turn into a Cosmos request :)

Oh ok.
If I understand correctly cosmos won't have this capability either when combined with the material library. Right?
I'm debating if I should buy a separate plugin....
Thanks.

2024-01-24, 17:52:44
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Timescales and plans on if and when Cosmos can store custom assets would have to go to the Cosmos team, can pop over to the V-Ray forums and ask. The functionality is independent of moving the Corona Material Library to Cosmos, so that work (which we are involved with of course) doesn't cover the topic of interest. Worth asking over there before buying anything extra!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-24, 18:50:19
Reply #4

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the mean time you can always save your favourite materials to .mat files or use Design Connected - Connecter

I usually save all my favourite materials to .mat files since its built into 3dsmax

2024-01-24, 20:19:47
Reply #5

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the mean time you can always save your favourite materials to .mat files or use Design Connected - Connecter

I usually save all my favourite materials to .mat files since its built into 3dsmax

Thank you both.
I asked the question in the Vray forum.

I was thinking getting the Siger plugin, since it was very recommended here in the Corona forum.

2024-01-24, 20:40:01
Reply #6

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was thinking getting the Siger plugin, since it was very recommended here in the Corona forum.

Siger is also great for this.

My only reasoning for using .mat files these days is I often change my plugins/workflow every few years and then my presets get locked up in software I dont use anymore, which is why I default to the host software. Im looking forward to materialX being the new standard workflow so I can just dump my current PBR libraries in that and use it universally for 3dsmax, blender, unreal, etc.

I started a Siger library a few years ago and dont use it now so I lost all my presets, dont get me wrong its a great plugin but I just dont need it for my workflow now so back to my old .mat workflow for now lol.

2024-01-24, 23:45:02
Reply #7

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I started a Siger library a few years ago and dont use it now so I lost all my presets, dont get me wrong its a great plugin but I just dont need it for my workflow now so back to my old .mat workflow for now lol.
Good to know. I think I'll give the old .mat files a try.
Thanks James.