Author Topic: Problem (bug?) with corona slice material  (Read 708 times)

2024-01-17, 15:53:24

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

There seems to be a strange behavior with corona slice material.
I'm adding a video below, and attaching the archive of the problematic scene.

Thank you.

3Ds max 2023 and Corona 11

2024-01-17, 15:59:45
Reply #1

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
See attached file please.

2024-01-17, 16:53:54
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It still helps to give a description of what is not working as expected - I just was not sure what I was looking at with the video alone :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-17, 16:59:46
Reply #3

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry.
It's not so easy to describe.

Description: there's a "left over" surface that shows up where there's no geometry at all. It's view dependent it seems.

2024-01-17, 18:35:40
Reply #4

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I had the same issue today.
A simple electrical socket with a box & slicer material for slicing the geometry behind it.The socket model itslef is exluded obviously.
Please see attached video.

2024-01-17, 18:56:47
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY I'd say that is a good enough description to guide us in looking into this :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-18, 08:37:25
Reply #6

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Slicer is "sensitive" to the geometry - both the slicing and being-sliced.
It gets even more sensitive when there are many objects being cut which lay over each other from a specific view.

So make absolutely sure there is no bad geometry. The good practice with slicer is to have capped, bound volumes of slicer and sliced objects.
Planar slicer is not supported (I have tried very hard to push this idea) and slicer cannot exclude itself - you cannot have objects with multiple elements, one of which is a slicer, it will cut itself, and you will need to separate the slicer into a different object.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2024-01-18, 15:41:52
Reply #7

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

It gets even more sensitive when there are many objects being cut which lay over each other from a specific view.

So make absolutely sure there is no bad geometry. The good practice with slicer is to have capped, bound volumes of slicer and sliced objects.
Planar slicer is not supported (I have tried very hard to push this idea) and slicer cannot exclude itself - you cannot have objects with multiple elements, one of which is a slicer, it will cut itself, and you will need to separate the slicer into a different object.

Thank you Aram. Adding a "cap" to all boundaries of all elements in the geometry that is being cut seems to solve the problem.

2024-01-19, 09:37:00
Reply #8

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thank you Aram. Adding a "cap" to all boundaries of all elements in the geometry that is being cut seems to solve the problem.

Good to hear that!
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us