Author Topic: Corona 10 Very Slow  (Read 3659 times)

2023-08-24, 15:15:55

Redeemer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I found Corona 10 to be very laggy and slow on different facets of the engine. I've opened an old scene that rendered in 1h15m in C9. With C10 it is almost two hours. Quite unacceptable if you ask me. Also the IR is buggy. Hangs when making changes to lights etc, and when trying to stop the engine then it seems to stuck.

Maybe I can upload one of my scenes for the devs to look at?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2023-08-24, 15:27:56 by Redeemer »

2023-08-24, 16:19:52
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Scenes are always welcome, they can be attached to a ticket https://support.chaos.com/requests/new - also do let us know your hardware configuration too, in particular CPU plus RAM configuration. We are looking in to some similar reports too, so the more scenes and data we get, the better we can see what might be happening. Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-08-28, 12:06:45
Reply #2

Redeemer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom, thanks!

I've made a ticket and uploaded the scene. As I do a lot of bottles with heavy use of caustics, maybe the new caustics solver has to do something with it?

When I want to revert to Corona 9, can I simply grab that installer or do I need to remove Corona 10 from the system first?

TNX!

2023-08-28, 14:24:29
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Personally I'd suggest setting things up so you can use a multiloader, see https://docs.chaos.com/display/CRMAX/Multiloaders

You could then either
- Leave 10 as the default when you run Max, with a little icon for the script that starts Max with 9 as the exception, or
- Remove 10, install 9 as default when you run Max, then add 10 as the exception run from the script

Hope this helps!

(PS I prefer to have newest as default, older version as scripted start)

2023-09-03, 09:19:57
Reply #4

Atypik

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys

I've been running 10 for the past 10 days and i had the same feeling of renderings being slower. This morning i replace 10 by 9 and re rendere my scene. With 10 its really slower then with 9. 1 hour 50mn with 10 vs 40 mn with 9.
Configuration :C4D/CRN Windows. AMD Ryzen Thread Ripper 3990X 64 core. 256 Go RAM
It's a pretty simple scene. A terrasse with some furnitures. A few plants. Some maxtree bamboo. Multipass rendering in 16bits. 5000x3750 px. On HDRI. Noise target to 5.

Have a nice day.

2023-09-04, 12:58:45
Reply #5

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi Guys

I've been running 10 for the past 10 days and i had the same feeling of renderings being slower. This morning i replace 10 by 9 and re rendere my scene. With 10 its really slower then with 9. 1 hour 50mn with 10 vs 40 mn with 9.
Configuration :C4D/CRN Windows. AMD Ryzen Thread Ripper 3990X 64 core. 256 Go RAM
It's a pretty simple scene. A terrasse with some furnitures. A few plants. Some maxtree bamboo. Multipass rendering in 16bits. 5000x3750 px. On HDRI. Noise target to 5.

Have a nice day.

Hi there, are you able to share your scene with us so we can test it as well? If so, please feel free to use the link in my signature below.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-09-04, 13:27:54
Reply #6

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hi Guys

Have a nice day.

Also, as an additional question, which Windows version are you using? Thank you!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2023-09-05, 08:15:34
Reply #7

Atypik

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi.
I'm using window 10 last update.
I can't share the scene now becaus it's under disclosure.
But since sunday, i've done a lot of other renders andt it's the same. Faster with 9. Around 2 or 3 times.

2023-09-05, 10:11:23
Reply #8

Redeemer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Personally I'd suggest setting things up so you can use a multiloader, see https://docs.chaos.com/display/CRMAX/Multiloaders

You could then either
- Leave 10 as the default when you run Max, with a little icon for the script that starts Max with 9 as the exception, or
- Remove 10, install 9 as default when you run Max, then add 10 as the exception run from the script

Hope this helps!

(PS I prefer to have newest as default, older version as scripted start)

Sounds like a good idea, but does this also apply to C4D?

2023-09-28, 09:24:51
Reply #9

Redeemer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any news about this?

I think there is an issue with the triplanar / mapping randomizer (either one or in combo) which takes a lot of computing power. I also saw similar reports in the max forum.

2023-09-28, 16:38:23
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is a fix for the triplanar slowdown being tested in the Max daily build right now, with the aim to have this hotfixed in Corona 10 for Max and C4D soon (along with C4D 2024 compatibility, for the C4D hotfix).

2023-10-13, 11:42:28
Reply #11

Atypik

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys.

I tried again V10 this morning. I renderer the exactly same scene with 9 and 10 (see captures enclosed). Still the same : 24mn 34 s for CRN 9 Vs 52 mn 19 s for CRN 10.
I'll send a ticket with the scene to support.

Somthing elsei'm not happy with : The help isn't up to date wit CRN 10. Are we talking about a professional solution?
Have  anoce Week-end.

2023-10-13, 13:16:27
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As an aside to the main problem, which topic is not covered in the updated help or YouTube videos, so we can look into that too.

2023-10-13, 14:09:09
Reply #13

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
Is there a solution coming for the triplanar slowdown?
We rolled back the renderfarm and workstations to C9 because C10 is unusable slow with the triplanar shader.

I wonder why you don't have 40 or 50 different scenes or short animations for quality control, each testing specific requirements and combinations.
Then, with each new release, you would render all those scenes once and suddenly find that one or two of them are taking a long time to render, or something looks different than it did before, and so on.
That way you would at least find out obvious things like that. But for us customers to try it first and then complain here in the forum is not optimal. We are customers, not testers. We pay for the software and are not paid to test it.

Have a nice weekend
Andreas

2023-10-13, 14:26:33
Reply #14

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is there a solution coming for the triplanar slowdown?
We rolled back the renderfarm and workstations to C9 because C10 is unusable slow with the triplanar shader.

A hotfix for triplanar slowdown is out for quite some time. https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41081.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures