Author Topic: [Solved] Windows panes to have thickness or not?  (Read 347 times)

2023-04-17, 15:13:18

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
I typically model windows by sweeping a profile around a spline. This results in having window panes with an actual thickness...around 1/8". However, it seems that this thickness warps the light as it passes through the window more than I think it should. IOR in my glass material is set to 1.2.
« Last Edit: 2023-04-25, 10:50:56 by Aram Avetisyan »

2023-04-17, 15:34:12
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, could you share an example of what you are getting and what you would expect instead? At this point, we do not have enough information to understand what exactly the issue is or to report it to our developers.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-04-24, 21:35:54
Reply #2

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Hi, could you share an example of what you are getting and what you would expect instead? At this point, we do not have enough information to understand what exactly the issue is or to report it to our developers.

It turns out the issue was applying a chamfer modifier to my window sweep. The smoothing of the chamfer modifier was causing the windows to have a magnifying effect. I adjusted the chamfer modifier to only smooth the chamfer, and the windows looks much better.