Author Topic: texture paths missing in Content broswer models  (Read 990 times)

2023-02-21, 14:36:57

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HI.

I have lots of models with Corona materials on in my content browser.

All of a sudden none of the textures are working but I can see the texture path is correct. Has anyone had this problem, is there a fix or is it a bug?

2023-02-21, 15:19:18
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, can you go into more detail about this? Were the paths relative or absolute when saved? Are there any shaders being used or shared? If so, which ones? Is there a ''tex'' folder where each material is saved and do they contain the textures that are needed? Basically, it could be a variety of reasons why this has happened so we will need more info. :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-02-21, 15:29:26
Reply #2

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the fast reply.

So for all of these models I have dragged them into the content brower and it creates a tex folder also. I've attached one of the folders as an example.

I can see that the textures are in the tex folder. it has always worked fine in the past so confused me why all the texture links are broken.

All of the textures are on my computers hard drive.

2023-02-22, 14:56:33
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, If I'm not mistaken, I think it might be because the folder is now locked. Which is not a Corona issue. Has this been moved from one PC to another recently?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-02-22, 15:25:44
Reply #4

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have recently upgraded my main hard drive that Windows is on and re installed C4D.

What's strange is that the example folder I sent an image for works fine and is in the same master folder as all the other models.

I put the .Lib file under Open preferences folder / library / browser

The lock icon for the tex folder is now gone as I have moved them back to the folder mentioned above. It seems I can also place the lib file under:
Local Disk(C) / program Files / Maxon / Cinema4D R20 / Library / browser
This seems to be a different location and thats where it was when I had the lock icon on the tex folder.

2023-02-22, 16:03:06
Reply #5

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
And now the textures load with the materials? Or the issue is still the same?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-02-22, 16:12:07
Reply #6

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No for some reason the textures are not loading. It's just strange that the folder I sent a pic of works though.

2023-02-22, 16:23:03
Reply #7

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Can you try re-assigning the materials and then save that back into the folder and load them again?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-02-22, 18:14:05
Reply #8

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't really have time at the moment to do the whole library.  Also its not great if this happens again. Is this a good way to work creating a model library with the content browser or is it buggy?

2023-02-23, 09:26:00
Reply #9

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I don't really have time at the moment to do the whole library.  Also its not great if this happens again. Is this a good way to work creating a model library with the content browser or is it buggy?
This can actually happen with any material that has been saved to the content browser, it's not entirely Corona related. It just happens to be a Corona material.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!