Author Topic: v9.0 Scanned Material Missing License  (Read 1660 times)

2022-10-20, 20:04:22

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure this is a bug, but not sure where else to post it.

So like a giddy school boy, I wanted to try out some of the Scanned Materials in a test scene. I didn't see the web button on the material, so i just went to the web page directly. Once there, I was able to log in, browse and download a few to try. Problem is, inside of C4D Mac, I get the message that "Missing License for Chaos Scanned Material."

I tried restarting C4D and clicking the Refresh License button to no avail. Anything else I need to do to get this working?

Mac OS Monterey
C4D r25
Corona 9.0

2022-10-21, 16:23:48
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting this, but I cannot find any license under your forum email address, and because of that I am unable to help. That is also why I always advise to submit a support ticket in case of licensing/pricing-related questions: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please submit a ticket and be sure to provide your registered email address that you are using to activate your license. I am sure we will then get to the bottom of this.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-10-21, 17:41:19
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, I did submit a ticket with the same info. I didn't realize I had my personal e-mail in the forum, but my work e-mail with the license. As fate would have it, it started working this morning. I also got a response from support saying my issue was being "moved up" to a higher level. Maybe they clicked a button somewhere.

I'll change my e-mail for future help. Thanks for the reply.

2022-10-21, 18:01:55
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Then I am glad that you were assisted by the support team on time and everything is fine now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

2022-10-24, 14:21:07
Reply #4

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Web Button didnt work for me either. How does it work?

2022-10-24, 14:30:59
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
What version of Corona 9 do you have installed, what OS, etc. Not sure what you are seeing there, but this is how it looks here with the 9 final release:
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-24, 16:30:55
Reply #6

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also submitted a ticket and while they said my issue was being moved up the chain after a few days, I tried it again and it now works. They may have transferred to license to the new Premium and it worked, but they never told me.

So all is good now. I will say these materials are extremely sensitive to the UV maps on the models you apply them to. In most cases, you need to generate fresh UVW tags.

2022-10-24, 17:32:56
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I also submitted a ticket and while they said my issue was being moved up the chain after a few days, I tried it again and it now works. They may have transferred to license to the new Premium and it worked, but they never told me.

You confirmed with the support agent that your issue is resolved and then she sent this message to you:
I would like to inform you that the subscription had been migrated to Corona Premium - Annual.

2022-10-25, 08:35:50
Reply #8

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Web Button didnt work for me either. How does it work?

R21 Final Version 9 Win 11