Author Topic: Intel Denoiser on IPR  (Read 1343 times)

2022-06-17, 06:17:29

Eryck Ramirez

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There's no way to do IPR denoising on m1, hoping we can the intel denoiser while in IR

2022-06-17, 12:55:44
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The intel denoiser is not fast enough for use in IR, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-17, 16:56:08
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I disagree. From experience, 1-2 sec added response time at "end move" (res. dep.) is better than noise, or switching&running final simply to see, if stuff is "good enough".
Also, for an artist is better to have any option than none at all. How about AMD GPU users? Or do you plan to integrate its RadeonPro ML denoiser? ;)
Personally, I feel opposite and prefer using OIDN over OptiX in viewport & final... it just seems more natural and  helps me lessen OCD impact. :)   

Attached is demo using Blender w/ LuxCore, switching between both denoisers rendering in viewport.

PS.
OIDN is also getting GPU feature support.

2022-06-17, 20:44:38
Reply #3

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Maybe a way out would be to add a "denoise" button to the top toolbar of the VFB or to the Denoising section of the right toolbar,
to force the denoising process with IntelAI, which would disappear when the interactive rendering is updated.

In fact, I myself notice that I would like to take a look on a frame in interactive with a little smoother result but not as smeared as with NvidiaAI

2022-09-20, 01:37:18
Reply #4

Eryck Ramirez

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Every other engine has it thought. It's fast enough in my experience