Author Topic: interior animation, multiple cam  (Read 1870 times)

2022-01-25, 22:00:46

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I have to make an animation of an interior with 4 cameras moving and all the objects in the scene are still. For the precalculation i was thinking of calculating it every 10 frames but i wanted to know if I have to do the precalculation of the GI for each camera or just the precalculation of one camera and then I use it for the others too?
Thanks so much!

2022-01-26, 14:15:00
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Best to append in results from all cameras - e.g. one camera only sees the front of the sofa, or only peeks through a doorway into another room, while another camera sees behind the sofa or actually goes into the other room, well the Cache from the first camera won't have all the detail for behind the sofa or in the other room.

(EDIT - or separate caches, one for each camera, rather than one that appends the info needed by them all. Not sure if one is a preferred solution to another technically, probably comes down to four smaller caches or one larger cache and which you prefer to store and work with)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-01-26, 14:24:04
Reply #2

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes you are right. perfect I will do so thank you very much!

2022-02-05, 12:32:29
Reply #3

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Best to append in results from all cameras - e.g. one camera only sees the front of the sofa, or only peeks through a doorway into another room, while another camera sees behind the sofa or actually goes into the other room, well the Cache from the first camera won't have all the detail for behind the sofa or in the other room.

(EDIT - or separate caches, one for each camera, rather than one that appends the info needed by them all. Not sure if one is a preferred solution to another technically, probably comes down to four smaller caches or one larger cache and which you prefer to store and work with)

thanks TomG!

I am very satisfied with the result :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZks0dpgVMn/

2022-02-05, 13:53:30
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad it helped - and a VERY nice result, cool!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us