Author Topic: V5 Render regions  (Read 3585 times)

2019-12-09, 18:36:36

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
Hi,

When I select regions in the Frame Buffer, these are secretly saved in the file.
When sending the scene to the render farm, these regions remain active and only they are rendered.
Sometimes it is not enough to delete them, by clicking the red [X] oder selecting "Remove All"

I would consider this as a major bug, because it secretly saves information in the file completely hidden from the user and it may cost a lot of time and money.

If this is a intentionally desired function, it must be possible to switch it off using a check box.

2019-12-11, 02:37:20
Reply #1

brankonovakovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a bug. We are investigating, we will let you know when we have news.
Regards,
Branko.

2019-12-17, 13:21:05
Reply #2

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
sounds good!

2019-12-17, 13:54:07
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Just to clarify here - render regions are intentionally saved in the file, otherwise you wouldn't be able to render them on render farms at all. But it must be possible to remove them and they should not render if you cannot see them locally.

2019-12-17, 15:23:58
Reply #4

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
Hi,
thanks for clarification. I find it somehow dangerous, because I use the regions as tool to render previews faster.
But it ok, as long as I can see they are active.

2020-01-28, 17:19:09
Reply #5

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi mte,

we fixed some issues with render regions in V5 Hotfix1. Can you please confirm that your issues were fixed with that release?

2020-02-11, 15:06:11
Reply #6

Barendby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Using Team Render to render regions works, but when camera offset is used it seems to ignore the offset and render in a different position than marked in VFB.
The image still render right, but it renders a different mask (See screengrab)