Author Topic: DEAR CORONA RENDERER_PLEASE RELEASE OLDER VERSIONS  (Read 6094 times)

2019-03-16, 22:27:56

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys can you please release the older versiona of corona for use please!!!!! We bought the license and everything went downhill, we havent been able to do any work at all for 3 + weeks, im not going to explain our situations again becuase we havnt get any worthwhile solutions, we havnt been able to produce any work in 3 + weeks, we are running a business just lik the guys who use 3ds max, we have clients work / contracts that we're not fulfilling because of problems with the plugin... Please, we have a license, atleast give us the chance of using an older version like alpha 5/ 6 because the most recent build are a headache. Please underdtand this is extemely frustrating... Give us something jesus christ!!!

Moderator edit: changed the all-caps to normal text
« Last Edit: 2019-03-18, 09:03:45 by houska »

2019-03-17, 13:58:19
Reply #1

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Here’s a link to older versions if that helps.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1--L2vBzH3sFxSfdglqlHoxF9NCS2W2xU

It also has the daily builds so may help you with your issue
« Last Edit: 2019-03-17, 14:05:24 by Artisticpixel »

2019-03-17, 14:59:26
Reply #2

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Artisticpixel for your help but I’m aware of this link. These builds pose the same problems with instancing and proxies. My viewports are brough to almost a complete halt when working with these. 2 hours our work becomes 16 hours and still nothing accomplished. I will post my system specs later but it’s defin not my systems. I’ve worked with Corona since 2015 and had way better experience with the plugin. I think as a License customer I should have access to all the Beta tests that we’ve been using especially in a situation like this so we can at least meet our obligations.
I was under the assumption that when we purchase a license we’d be able to utilize all the older builds for flexibility. We ditched Vray in 2015 and committed to Corona because it’s a great plugin. We don’t doubt that Corona will get it right, we just need a way out right now.
Corona is way underpriced as it stands. Perhaps they should increase the price and get more developers in there to iron these things out.

2019-03-17, 15:08:38
Reply #3

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SAME HERE ! 

Since weeks, our output at my office has significantly been screwed up with buggy Corona Core 3.

And the older (well working) Core 1.7 cannot be activated anymore! Corona has shut this down.

The official, realease-version Core 3 is full of serious bugs, such as broken denoising on round corners and bump, as well as displacement working totally unlogical on stacked materials !

Until Corona-development team gets these things fixed, it wouuld be the least to re-open the possibility to activate Core 1.7, which worked perfectly !

« Last Edit: 2019-03-18, 12:29:02 by Designerman77 »

2019-03-17, 15:42:30
Reply #4

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Sorry to hear. Maybe they released the Cinema 4D version far too soon. I think so many people were shouting for it that they jumped onto the release rather than iron out the issues. I use 3ds max and have only ever had slight irritations with Corona, but can understand how frustrating it must be to not have a fully working version. Hope you (Corona) get it fixed soon.

2019-03-17, 16:43:22
Reply #5

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The version in the link from the user "Artisticpixel" cannot be activated.

It shows THIS: (see image)

As mentioned to the customer service since two months already: Core 1.7 worked super well!

Should temporarily be given to us customers until the actual bugs are corrected...

So easy to destroy the programm and SO hard to correct the bugs ? ? ?

Quite disappointing...

And the customer serviece guys somehow keep quiet, only sometimes saying "oh, we have it on schedule, ec..." But nothing really happens.

I tell you guys at Corona: I´ll be waiting one more week and then MOVE TO ARNOLD! AND NEVER COME BACK!

For what to pay 25 bucks per month ???

« Last Edit: 2019-03-17, 17:16:12 by Designerman77 »

2019-03-17, 16:53:32
Reply #6

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
I'm not sure I understand. I have never had to do anything in terms of activation once I have an active license, I could use previous and dailys. Maybe its a Cinema 4D corona issue. Sorry to hear that.. Do you pay monthly? What Kind of license did you buy? I pay mothly.

Also looked at the image you posted and its confusing. In application it says 3ds max- I thought it would be cinema 4d you would be activating? Are you using a demo vesion of Corona?

The version in the link from the user "Artisticpixel" cannot be activated.

It shows THIS: (see image)

As mentioned to the customer service since two months already: Core 1.7 worked super well!

Should be temporarly given to us customers until the actual bugs are corrected...

So easy to destroy the programm and SO hard to correct the bugs ? ? ?

Quite disappionting...
« Last Edit: 2019-03-17, 17:06:22 by Artisticpixel »

2019-03-17, 17:19:36
Reply #7

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Artisticpixel, yes, I use C4D.

In the screenshot it shows 3DMax... just by error. It shows it automatically after every failed try to activate the C4D-version.

I did try to activate C4D... not Max.
At least 10 times already... with all different kinds of older versions.

Nope... de-activated.

For the moment, I did´t buy a licence, just used the 45 days-demo.
Simply because with SUCH BUGS, the licence is worse than even the first betas... from years ago.
Not possible to work with them.

I´d gladly pay also 50,- EUR per month... but it should fuckn WORK !

« Last Edit: 2019-03-17, 17:25:00 by Designerman77 »

2019-03-17, 19:02:40
Reply #8

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
But thats why its not working. If you havent paid for a license how do you expect to use it after the initial demo has run out? Its not a 45 day demo, every 45 days!! If you paid for a license then surely you could use the beta's that you were using previously? I can use previous versions going all the way back to 1 for 3ds max, but you obviously have to pay for that privalege.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-17, 19:06:34 by Artisticpixel »

2019-03-17, 22:44:07
Reply #9

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, Artisticpixel. From where to know this ? Nobody ever gave me this info before ! Namely, that you can still use the older Betas, if you purchase a license.

Thanks for the info!

Then I will of course buy the license! ... In order to use the old Betas... somehow ridiculous... :)))

2019-03-17, 22:56:58
Reply #10

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But thats why its not working. If you havent paid for a license how do you expect to use it after the initial demo has run out? Its not a 45 day demo, every 45 days!! If you paid for a license then surely you could use the beta's that you were using previously? I can use previous versions going all the way back to 1 for 3ds max, but you obviously have to pay for that privalege.

Hey ArtisticPixel, I have the FairSas Lic. Whenever I try to install an older Beta Version of Corona, I get a message
saying this older build has expired and that it won’t work (and it doesn’t). I think Corona did it that way so as to block users from continually using those free version since the full version has been released. That’s fair enough but we need to get this to the attention of the Developers to allow computers that are running a valid license version of Corona to run any older versions as well. And if that’s too hard to implement then send me the fille directly, even if it runs for only 45 days like a trial version does, myself and anyone else who’s been inconvenienced by this situation would appreciate it.

2019-03-18, 08:04:24
Reply #11

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Guys, unfortunately it appears that the older alpha / beta versions cannot be activated anymore - not even if you have a full license. Please keep that in mind before you order anything :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-03-18, 09:29:13
Reply #12

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I think Corona did it that way so as to block users from continually using those free version since the full version has been released. That’s fair enough but we need to get this to the attention of the Developers to allow computers that are running a valid license version of Corona to run any older versions as well. And if that’s too hard to implement then send me the fille directly, even if it runs for only 45 days like a trial version does, myself and anyone else who’s been inconvenienced by this situation would appreciate it.

Yes, that's exactly the case. The would be no point in having a commercial version, when the beta versions are fully functional for everyone. Currently, the betas had to be made non-functional for everyone due to the way our licensing works. We'll try to do something about this. I'll get back to you after I have more info.

Oh, and please, don't shout (i.e. CAPS LOCK). The title is fine, but WRITING YOUR TEXT LIKE THIS is just slowing the reader down and actually lowers the chance of anyone reading the whole text. I took the liberty and fixed that for you in your original post.

2019-03-18, 10:25:59
Reply #13

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hello again, Gr100,

after an internal discussion, we decided to handle the beta situation ASAP for every paying customer. After all, you are not the first customer in need of the older versions. If you want, you can send me a PM here on the forums and we'll make sure that you can get back to your project as soon as it's possible.

2019-03-18, 11:24:48
Reply #14

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hello again, Gr100,

after an internal discussion, we decided to handle the beta situation ASAP for every paying customer. After all, you are not the first customer in need of the older versions. If you want, you can send me a PM here on the forums and we'll make sure that you can get back to your project as soon as it's possible.

Thats some pretty cool customer service right there :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us