Author Topic: Render Region Bug  (Read 2774 times)

2018-01-23, 19:32:18

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I've been having this problem for a while now. Evertime i try to do a render region in the viewport  Corona cancels the render as soon as it starts, im having to do all test renderings in the picture view, which is a pain. Please help ASAP...ANYONE?

Thanks in advance!

2018-01-23, 19:37:21
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Has been working normally here so we'd need more information - which version of Corona Renderer, and which version of C4D, and which OS? Is this every scene, or just one or some? Does it happen in a brand new scene with just a simple object and some lighting? Is it a problem with IR only, or also a problem with offline rendering? Do you have a passes limit set for IR if it is happening in IR? What is meant by "cancels the render" - does it give an error message, does it stop after doing the geometry passes and just gives a black screen, does it give some rendered image?

Sorry for the questions, but all has been normal here, so have to pin down much more precisely what you are experiencing in order to duplicate and test! Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-01-23, 19:59:12
Reply #2

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

there was the bug that motion blur (when enabled) cancelled viewport rendering but it should be fixed in the latest release (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18711.msg119005#msg119005). Can you please test it?

Nikola

2018-01-23, 20:16:33
Reply #3

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your response,
I'am using the latest daily build which is "corona-c4d-win-2017-12-21 exe" which i downloaded from the daily build index but i don't think it has anything to do with this build specifically. its been a problem since the release of alpha 5, with it being more frequent now. Basically, when i activate render region and select the area to test render, corona starts calculating the passes then the selection window just goes away. and im having to re-select a region to render again. the screen doesn't go blank or anything weird, it just doesn't render. Sometimes after a few attempts it will work and other times it just wont render at all.The files i work on are normally around 100 plus mega bites; these are mainly exterior architectural scenes, i find the problems is less prevalent in smaller files but we primarily work with larger scenes so i will need to get it resolved in order to be productive.

N.B. All renderings are offline,
no error messages when the render cancels,
c4d sometimes crashes though,
 corona render time is slower than in earlier versions. Alpha 3 way faster. (we were using windows 7 at this time though so perhaps that might be a reason)

Other problems:

IR always  causes C4D to crash so we don't use it.
When rendering via Corona VFB, after stopping the render and cancelling the screen, it seem as if the frame buffer is still somehow running in the background, when i go to start a new render in the frame buffer or c4d picture viewer, the dialog box pops up asking if you want to stop the rendering. (which means its still running)

Im Using windows 10.
Intel Xeon E5 v3
32 GB Ram

2018-01-23, 20:40:52
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For what it's worth, there is a new version out today (and have been a couple since the release you are using) - see https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18711.msg119005#msg119005

It sounds unusual to me, as IR and render regions have been stable for me for some time and I've not heard anything similar from others. Have you tested the same scenes on another machine? I'll leave the rest of the follow up to the developers :)

2018-01-24, 04:50:29
Reply #5

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom, so i uncheck DOF and changed the IR pass limit to 9999, it was originally at default "0" and that seem to be helping the render region problem. Also i installed the newest version of corona and haven't had any problems yet. I will test IR to see if that problem has been resolved as well. I will update you if anything changes. Thanks for your help.

2018-01-24, 13:02:05
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update! A quick note, 0 is best - 0 means "just keep going forever". If you put a value in there, then it stops after that number of passes, so I had been wondering if you had a low value, like 5, and because it was a region it was completing those super fast and appearing to come to a stop. I'd set that back to 0 rather than 9999 as that will be effectively the same thing, without any odd number in there to confuse you later when you wonder why you set it (if you are anything like me ;) )

Also, if it reaches the pass limit with regions, then adding a new region or moving / resizing the existing one does not start IR over, so nothing will happen in those new regions (the passes are not counted separately for each region, but for the overall image).

Anyway, neither of those things were the cause here if the value was 0, but I wanted to check!