Author Topic: cinema 4d distributed render  (Read 12169 times)

2017-09-21, 09:59:34
Reply #15

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just chiming in here, as a 'v-ray one day / Corona the next' user, my absolute favourite thing about Corona is the tight integration with C4D and all its shaders/noises/falloffs etc etc, you all know what I mean. If implementing a DR option means killing off that ability to use those shaders on slave machines, then please, please don't do it, or at least make it optional. V-Ray is great but its a major pain in the backside weeding out all the materials that don't work over DR, especially if, like me, you're too busy to model & make your own, so own lots and lots of 3rd party material libraries (90% of the materials don't work properly over DR).

Unfortunately for me at the moment, Corona Team Render doesn't work but I think its because I'm using a Hackintosh as a slave (windows won't run on it for some reason!) so I get embree crashes every time. I'm hoping to get a threadripper soon and then I'll be able to use that as a slave from my trusty old Mac Pro.

Cheers

2017-09-22, 07:32:09
Reply #16

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Exact. Studio version.

2017-10-03, 14:28:48
Reply #17

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

just for info:

V-Ray on c4d supports teamrender still and animation modes, with all native c4d shaders.
c4d cmdline render, with all native c4d shaders
and DR via V-Ray standalone. with all native v-ray shaders.

so as user you have all choices.
users can use it with team render and native c4d shaders or native DR standalone with v-ray shaders. some prefer teamrender, others DR.

Dr via standalone is most powerful i guess, but needs the use of v-ray native shaders, or bake 2d c4d shaders on the fly(it does that at rendering export).
cmdline and teamrender allows the use of native c4d shaders without autobaking, and vray shaders of course, but do have the drawbacks of maxons system (some dislike teamrender much).

i think it would be great to have a real DR via corona standalone on corona too, not only teamrender support, like it is on v-ray, even if that means to use corona shaders only.

best greetings
Stefan (c4d user & V-RAY4C4D)
« Last Edit: 2017-10-03, 14:34:45 by lllab »

2018-01-18, 12:14:18
Reply #18

Barendby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys

I am new to corona/ c4d and testing it a bit.
If I am right DR is not implemented but teamrender does work. If I use teamrender it will always render to the c4d picture viewer, right?
What do I do if I want to use the lightmix? Picture viewer does not have that part of the menu.
So, if I wnt to use light mix I always have to render on my local PC?

2018-01-18, 14:11:24
Reply #19

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
After completing the render in the PV, it should be sync'ed over in the VFB and you can then make changes to the LightMix. May take a second or two to sync, from my quick test just now. Let us know if you have any problems!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-01-18, 15:40:53
Reply #20

Barendby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, I will try that:)

2018-01-24, 10:51:44
Reply #21

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... If implementing a DR option means killing off that ability to use those shaders on slave machines, then please, please don't do it, or at least make it optional. V-Ray is great but its a major pain in the backside weeding out all the materials that don't work over DR ...

I just wanted to say that i agree in this :)
Regards,
Henrik

2018-01-25, 23:05:34
Reply #22

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
... If implementing a DR option means killing off that ability to use those shaders on slave machines, then please, please don't do it, or at least make it optional. V-Ray is great but its a major pain in the backside weeding out all the materials that don't work over DR ...

I just wanted to say that i agree in this :)
Regards,
Henrik

I couldĀ“t agree more. The possibility to use C4D shaders is a major plus in corona.

2018-01-26, 12:03:07
Reply #23

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You're right !