Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 205433 times)

2017-12-19, 10:20:22
Reply #1005

fraserbray

• Users
    • View Profile
Excellent work on the material stacking. Will bump and displacement be implemented as part of the blended stacking hierarchy?

2017-12-19, 12:32:21
Reply #1006

fraserbray

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I just installed the latest build to test the material stacking functionality. Opened one of my current work scenes and instant crash from the VFB at render time. (Cinema 4d.exe crash, close programme dialogue box) - no bug report.
Tried again to render editor window. C4d hangs at "preparing scene data". Have to then manually force c4d to quit. Reinstalled previous build, no further problems. I have a minidump file which may help.

2017-12-19, 19:08:24
Reply #1007

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wanted to report that I have had an issue with Corona resetting to the default LUT multiple times.

Also, Corona IR will crash if you have a Layer shader with Corona AO nested in the Corona IR. Scene attached.

- Shawn

2017-12-19, 22:18:00
Reply #1008

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Wanted to report that I have had an issue with Corona resetting to the default LUT multiple times.

Also, Corona IR will crash if you have a Layer shader with Corona AO nested in the Corona IR. Scene attached.

- Shawn

Can confirm.
Exactly the same thing happened to me today when I was about to create some procedural snow materials.
Just adding the CRN AO shader into the native layer shader gives an instant crash.

2017-12-19, 23:13:55
Reply #1009

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, seems like several of the built-in Cinema 4D noises are not rendering correctly with the octaves being increased to higher numbers like 15-20... Maybe that parameter is not be recognized by Corona? I've noticed this for a while now but just now had the chance to post about it.

Thanks so much!

- Shawn

2017-12-20, 15:10:05
Reply #1010

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
@nikola Just one question,in the near future, will stack material also work with displacement? like already happen using the physical render.
thanks in advance. and keep the good work! ;)

Excellent work on the material stacking. Will bump and displacement be implemented as part of the blended stacking hierarchy?

Hi,
Adding support for displacement (and possibly also bump mapping) shouldn't be too hard. It won't be in Beta 1, but we will examine it for Beta 2.

2017-12-20, 15:10:34
Reply #1011

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I just installed the latest build to test the material stacking functionality. Opened one of my current work scenes and instant crash from the VFB at render time. (Cinema 4d.exe crash, close programme dialogue box) - no bug report.
Tried again to render editor window. C4d hangs at "preparing scene data". Have to then manually force c4d to quit. Reinstalled previous build, no further problems. I have a minidump file which may help.

Hi,
we found bug that was probably causing this, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next build.

2017-12-20, 16:56:56
Reply #1012

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

now in the beta 1, team render works with the time limit or noise limit? because it would be useful to stop the render by itself so you can use the render queue

thanks

2017-12-21, 11:51:27
Reply #1013

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

the next daily build (2017-12-21) of Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 is out. This should be the last daily build of Beta 1. If the fix of the last bug with immediate crash after the start of rendering is confirmed by users, we will release the first Release Candidate of Beta 1 tomorrow. Release Candidates will not introduce any new features and implementations, and we will be fixing bugs until Beta 1 will be stable and prepared for final release.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7xyYS3daSJ7V3BJZWlMR2EzUG8

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.msg117089#msg117089

2017-12-21, 12:02:19
Reply #1014

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
Hi Nikola,

are there any fixes for the motion blur issus when using xrefs?

2017-12-21, 12:24:38
Reply #1015

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola,

are there any fixes for the motion blur issus when using xrefs?
Hi Andreas,

unfortunately not. We tried to work around the issues of Xrefs in Motion blur, but it didn't help much. To properly fix the issues the Motion blur code must be refactored, and we don't want to do this in Beta 1 because it would make it unstable for a while. Motion blur code refactoring is planned for Beta 2. I am sorry.

Nikola

2017-12-21, 13:00:12
Reply #1016

mte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.m-te.de
Hi Nikola,

thanks for your honest answer.
Corona is getting better and stable with every build (almost ;-) ), so I´m pretty sure it will work some day.

thanks a lot and merry Christmas
Andreas

2017-12-21, 13:04:08
Reply #1017

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
There is one problem with the stacking of materials.
With a simple texture, everything works fine, but with procedural noise, the tiling restriction does not work.

2017-12-21, 14:13:05
Reply #1018

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola,

it seems to work all right, except the Ir with sun.
I am attaching the scene
For the rest, you're doing a great job! :D