Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 206896 times)

2017-10-02, 13:43:50
Reply #555

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply.

i don't know if the same problem. Below 3 very simple tests.

1 : just one hdr ...  no problem, ir and final vfb show the same result. [...]
2 : just 1 corona light (sphere sector) ... gamma ? between difference. Left Ir, right final vfb (that seems to have another gamma) [...]
3 : and last ... a sphere with emi light replace the corona light of test 2. Strangely here it works [...]

Ok, this seems like a problem with corona lights! Thanks for the additional tests, we'll try it too!

2017-10-02, 14:30:15
Reply #556

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
C4D Area Light is rendered in final render (PV & VFB) but not in Interactive Rendering.

Scene file "cIR-LightRenderBug" attached bellow (just press Play :)

Also, Interactive rendering stays active even after it is stopped & buffer window closed.
Symptoms:
1. Stop Rendering button (icon) stays active (in color).
2. Starting Interactive rendering brings up the following message: "The external renderer is calculating an image. Do you want to stop it?"

2017-10-02, 14:35:14
Reply #557

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Scene file "cIR-LightRenderBug" attached bellow (just press Play :)

You're top notch, burnin! Thanks for the scene!

2017-10-02, 15:23:23
Reply #558

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
^ no problem ;)

More than one object grouped in null under symmetry (A) will not show in IR (B).  When ungrouped (C) it renders fine (D).

IIRC, had seen it somewhere, but can't remember nor find it now... some other engines also showed such inaccuracies / flaws.
To prevent such behavior start using Connect object. Also solves your issues within Corona.

ps
Don't underestimate the complexity of procedural generators & keep in mind the hierarchy of the processes is ruled by the construct / organization / structure in Object manager.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-02, 15:31:11 by burnin »

2017-10-02, 15:53:32
Reply #559

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so basically for those crashing on older build scenes - should we use this new build only on fresh ones? or is there fix upcoming?

2017-10-02, 16:23:41
Reply #560

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Cinema crashes on render when adding an image to the background plate slot in the shadow catcher.

This doesn't happen to me. I can change the texture in IR too and nothing crashes. See my setup in the attachment...

Cheers houska I'll take another look shortly.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2017-10-02, 16:29:45
Reply #561

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
advised practice:
a) don't switch tools/builds/versions while in production - follow through from start to finish
b) unless something breaks - then it's necessary to run a 'test scene' & compare with 'master' to see if it achieves desired result
c) no experiments in production, unless you master the skill as if it's of your own creation or you have a planB/intervention standing by

With Corona use same build from start to finish to prevent any problems, inconsistencies, breakages...

"You never know what ya gonna get."

PS@kmwhitt
example of Connect object use
« Last Edit: 2017-10-02, 16:34:20 by burnin »

2017-10-02, 16:38:08
Reply #562

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
so basically for those crashing on older build scenes - should we use this new build only on fresh ones? or is there fix upcoming?

We also have some older scenes at the office, but we don't experience any crashes. The best would be if we could get a crashing scene from any of you guys and we could have a look at it.

2017-10-02, 16:41:58
Reply #563

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
advised practice:
a) don't switch tools/builds/versions while in production - follow through from start to finish
b) unless something breaks - then it's necessary to run a 'test scene' & compare with 'master' to see if it achieves desired result
c) no experiments in production, unless you master the skill as if it's of your own creation or you have a planB/intervention standing by

Thank you burnin, this is what I'd advise too! Not only with Corona, but with any piece of software that is under development. Also, all the development versions (daily builds, nightly builds, release candidates) are expected to have crashes or bugs, no matter how hard the devs try.

2017-10-02, 17:26:06
Reply #564

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
To add a note on the difference in lighting between IR and offline, seems like the Object Manager setting "Visible in render" has an effect.

Took a scene with one Sun in it, and it rendered too bright as if there was additional light with no shadows (first image). By turning off the "Visible in render" parameter (second little red circle) the IR then rendered correctly. Note that offline rendering to the VFB worked correctly no matter what this was set to.

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-02, 17:29:06
Reply #565

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
To add a note on the difference in lighting between IR and offline, seems like the Object Manager setting "Visible in render" has an effect.

Took a scene with one Sun in it, and it rendered too bright as if there was additional light with no shadows (first image). By turning off the "Visible in render" parameter (second little red circle) the IR then rendered correctly. Note that offline rendering to the VFB worked correctly no matter what this was set to.

Yes, we observe the setting and try to apply it consistently with C4D's renderer. That said, there can be discrepancies, but I was really surprised by the claim that some lights don't obey the setting. We'll check it nevertheless. Thanks for all the reports, guys! Keep them coming!

2017-10-02, 17:29:16
Reply #566

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
burnin - thanks for the workaround.  ; )

2017-10-02, 19:32:53
Reply #567

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Global Volumetrics no longer render (offline, or in IR).

In a test with an object with a volumetric material applied, it rendered in offline, but if I changed the absorption distance in the material and rendered in offline again, it crashed (can send crash report if useful, let me know!). It's not the value, as if I change the value before rendering, it renders fine first time. I can re-render so long as I don't change the value, too. Interestingly, I can change the value while IR is running, and there's no crash and the render updates as expected.

Thanks!

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-02, 19:40:19
Reply #568

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Global Volumetrics no longer render (offline, or in IR).

In a test with an object with a volumetric material applied, it rendered in offline, but if I changed the absorption distance in the material and rendered in offline again, it crashed (can send crash report if useful, let me know!). It's not the value, as if I change the value before rendering, it renders fine first time. I can re-render so long as I don't change the value, too. Interestingly, I can change the value while IR is running, and there's no crash and the render updates as expected.

Thanks!

So I was right about volumetrics! Please, check opacity channel also if it rendered for instances or not.

2017-10-02, 20:28:28
Reply #569

nightwalker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In some of my scenes, Daily build SEP 28 2017 crashes when it starts rendering. With the same scenes the previous version (SEP 5) seems to work properly. Macpro late 2013 and Cinema 4d R18 on MacOS Sierra.

I attach one of these scenes, very simplified but showing the problem, I hope to help you find the bug. Thanks for your great work.

Sorry for my bad English
« Last Edit: 2017-10-02, 20:35:03 by nightwalker »