Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 205726 times)

2017-09-24, 19:49:09
Reply #480

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Me neither. Part of me wishes DMC never came into the picture. Seems like it has introduced more noise into my scenes.

2017-09-24, 21:23:39
Reply #481

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
but there must be sth wrong .. they claim improvements up to 2x not seeing even a slight improvement makes no sense to me. And they also demo'd the differences and it should be faster in certain cases.

2017-09-24, 22:09:44
Reply #482

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
On the other hand, I just tried to render some scene in 3ds/Corona, and if not compare to heavy c4d secenes, in simple workflows I cant see speed difference. So I am confused :(

2017-09-25, 09:36:16
Reply #483

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Funny how that works :) I've seen speedups in most of my renders... Noticeable speedups! There is a thing that you can't just blindly set the pass amount / noise limit but look at the image visually after a set amount of time. I believe thats what Ondra said in the Daily Build thread too.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-09-25, 09:50:03
Reply #484

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Funny how that works :) I've seen speedups in most of my renders... Noticeable speedups! There is a thing that you can't just blindly set the pass amount / noise limit but look at the image visually after a set amount of time. I believe thats what Ondra said in the Daily Build thread too.

Yes, I must agree! Usually I render to get 4% of noise, but after installing daily build of August, 28 it seems that we get less noise even at 6%. That is why I am confused. For now my decision is to stay with C4d and Corona.

2017-09-25, 10:01:42
Reply #485

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website

Yes, I must agree! Usually I render to get 4% of noise, but after installing daily build of August, 28 it seems that we get less noise even at 6%. That is why I am confused. For now my decision is to stay with C4d and Corona.

Yup, it has caused some confusion in the 3ds Max part of the forums too. Bottom line is the new performance updated should make the render clear up visible noise faster but overall, time : time, it doesn't change much. So basically you need to put in a higher noise value (from 4% to 6%) and that will still produce a clearer image faster.

I am guessing its because the new image sampler focuses on the "visible" areas more and so whatever is in the dark / should not be visible still is noisey but overall the image looks clearer.

My 5 cents ;)

edit:

Turns out the new sampler is already in.

"Changes in 2017-07-24 (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7xyYS3daSJ7V3BJZWlMR2EzUG8):
Added new and improved image sampler, capable up to 100% speedups, on by default for all new and old scenes"

I do wonder if the adaptive lights thing is coming / is over too :)
« Last Edit: 2017-09-25, 10:15:25 by nkilar »
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-09-25, 10:19:59
Reply #486

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
I must agree, but it would be intetesting to hear the develooer's ideas!

2017-09-26, 14:44:12
Reply #487

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup, it has caused some confusion in the 3ds Max part of the forums too. Bottom line is the new performance updated should make the render clear up visible noise faster but overall, time : time, it doesn't change much. So basically you need to put in a higher noise value (from 4% to 6%) and that will still produce a clearer image faster.

Hi Nejc,

You are right. The new sampler produces visible clearer image for the same value of noise limit than older samplers so when you want to make renderer clear up visible noise faster simple increase the value of noise limit exactly as you wrote.

Nikola
« Last Edit: 2017-09-26, 14:58:19 by Nikola »

2017-09-27, 16:38:55
Reply #488

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will we be getting a fix for rounded edges not working in the upcoming beta? Im really missing it with the latest release. Thanks

2017-09-27, 16:47:49
Reply #489

PatSieb

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
+1 for rounded edges working again, this feature is missing with the latest alpha and beta.

2017-09-27, 18:07:51
Reply #490

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for rounded edges

2017-09-28, 00:01:08
Reply #491

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you guys already fixed the rounded edges issue internally but waiting to release the next beta? If you have is there any chance you can release it as a daily? Or is there a way to roll back that part of the material editor but keep all the new sampler enhancements? Just till you can figure out whats going on with the new beta and we can still have our rounded edges. Horrible losing functionality especially when it effects the quality of the final image so much.

Failing that what was the last beta that had them working? I really need them for a project I'm working on.

Thanks

2017-09-28, 01:22:45
Reply #492

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum,

As far as using Corona for any URGENT projects or PRODUCTION... Just don't go there! Give the guys a break. We are in BETA and doing a FANTASTIC job :-) X. A full production version is way off yet. We are all keen to have the full version but come on guys

2017-09-28, 01:36:26
Reply #493

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Certainly not knocking the efforts of the guys, they are doing a fantastic job indeed. I'm also happy to wait for all the new features I just wasn't expecting to lose such a well established one like round edge a few versions ago as it has been in for ages. I've been using corona in production for a couple of years and it's always delivered aside from a few work arounds here and there. Fortunately the bevel deformer is working its magic on the major elements in this scene so I might get away with it in this case. But thought if there was a fix for this already done, I for one wouldn't be disappointed if the next daily wasn't 'the big one'! ;-)

2017-09-28, 14:34:15
Reply #494

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i'm doing tests with the latest beta built available but i have to say that the VFB just does not work .. we are talking about c4d R19 and osx 10.9.5 mavericks ... the problems they encounter are essentially interface. Once the render is launched, and trying to play with lightmix, the interface goes wrong almost immediately ... after a while the lighmix is ​​no longer updated ... set a value of a light but the VFB does not update ... if you use the TAB to move from one light to another, it does not work ... if it stops rendering then it is no longer possible to relaunch it because the button makes it stays GRAY and you can not click it ... you have to always go out and come back on C4D until at some point cinema is being crashed and even you have to turn off your computer because even if forced output, corona and cinema do not close … I try to made a new scene and using corona but the same things happens…
anyone OSX users have the same problems with the latest beta built??