Author Topic: Some of our Favourite Renderings From 2016  (Read 4187 times)

2017-01-05, 07:26:34

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys, we have a small Archviz Team here in Toronto Canada, we've been in operation for 3 years and we'd like to share 2 more  of our renderings from 2016. Any constructive criticism and comments , tips are welcome. We are looking to improve our work in the new year ; looking for new directions to take our ever improving studio and would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

2017-01-05, 07:42:26
Reply #1

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
They look good but I don't really like the 2d humans in the 1st picture. It looks a bit fake hehe!

2017-01-05, 10:15:27
Reply #2

Flamingo

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
Very nice Images,

with the People in the first Image I disagree. Maybe a little bit to light. Very nice mood. I immediately want to go inside.
The only things I would improve, are the missing interiors in the upper floors. Maybe a standing Person.
A bit more atmosphere.
The second Image is clean. In the gras maybe a running children
Can you tell something about the procedure (Software and Modelling, Compositing)

Great

2017-01-05, 15:48:55
Reply #3

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
They look good but I don't really like the 2d humans in the 1st picture. It looks a bit fake hehe!

Thanks for your feedback @philippelamoureux, we are working on our incorporation of 2d people in our renderings, we've also recently taken a look at using 3D people instead (renderpeople) and that will come in the near future.

Thanks again

2017-01-05, 16:05:19
Reply #4

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks @famingo, we wanted to keep the upper facade clean as possible but I do think it would be a really good idea to populate the scene way more, in retrospect I think that would add a lot more life to the rendering overall, we will try to do that moving forward so thanks for the tip. As for the second image, it's actually a great idea to add playing kids in the grass area, I can see how that would add to story telling. Some clients however, like the renderings clean and simple but we will try to suggest and implement these ideas in future. Thank you.

2017-01-05, 16:15:08
Reply #5

Flamingo

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
@Gr100
Second image.
I know what you mean with the clients. They dont want children in the images, because of the noise.
They are salespeople.
I would render the same picture for myself and publish it.
I am sure most renderings would be improved.

2017-01-05, 16:22:29
Reply #6

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Flamingo, yes thats exactly what i plan to do lol

2017-01-05, 16:41:59
Reply #7

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Our workflow and approach; we always like to approach our renderings to be realistic and clean rather than the typical artistic approach( which we really enjoy as well). We spend a lot of time getting nice lighting before adding textures.

We used Cinema 4D R16 with Corona alphas 3, 5, and 6 as we struggled with a lot of crashes. Modelling was done in Sketchup and some of the asset models from our library collection, presumably
most from purchases we got from Turbosquid and 3DSky in order to speedup work flow, some were modeled in house however.
The image of the mixed-use building was rendered using hdri only and the house was rendered with Vizpark Hdri Skydome #28 and the corona sun manually lined up.

We typically put everything into our renderings except for 2d people which were added in Photoshop. Post production for us is always minimal, just simple white balance, sharpening, and a bit of Levels. We also add lens flare in Photoshop as well, for some reason we still could not achieve in Cinema 4d even with Corona Alpha 6 (Final)

2017-01-05, 18:16:36
Reply #8

Flamingo

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile