Author Topic: Advice Needed For New Workstation  (Read 3380 times)

2016-10-12, 19:51:36

Maximaya

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys,

I'm planning to get a new workstation.
Specially for ArchViz Renderings, Softwares are Max, V-Ray and Corona.

Please give me some advice, My Budget is around 3000$?

2016-10-12, 20:33:34
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
If every single user on planet created his unique thread no one would be willing to help ;- )

Did you look through the past few popular threads in this section ? There's a lot of builds for various budgets. Maybe do some research and then ask more concrete questions.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-10-13, 08:57:52
Reply #2

Maximaya

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, actually i went through the previous posts but find little confusing. My old computer has an i7-2600K Quad 3.4 Ghz.
I find single processor speed to be important, but also the amount of cores, from what I know this increases the speed of rendering. So you have any suggestions what CPU I should get?
someone suggested me :-
a dual xeon six core each, 38gb ram a 512gb ssd samsung pro and gtx 1080. Is it good

i would appreciate if u could help me out because there are so many products out there n a bit confusing too.

2016-10-13, 09:24:00
Reply #3

Jann

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, first of all, what country, or even better, specific shops you can/prefer to order from? USA/EU/etc don't always have the same stock/prices.
Second, your budget is for what exactly? Whole PC without monitor? With monitor, with mouse/keyboard/windows etc?
And if you have any parts from previous computer you can use, like HDD/SSD, mention that too.
Would you prefer silence over performance or the other way?

2016-10-13, 09:31:25
Reply #4

Maximaya

• Users
    • View Profile
Ok, first of all, what country, or even better, specific shops you can/prefer to order from? USA/EU/etc don't always have the same stock/prices.
Second, your budget is for what exactly? Whole PC without monitor? With monitor, with mouse/keyboard/windows etc?
And if you have any parts from previous computer you can use, like HDD/SSD, mention that too.
Would you prefer silence over performance or the other way?

M from INDIA, My Budget is Specially for the CPU, and doesn't want to use anything from the Previous one. I have already a spare Dell Ultrasharp monitor.

2016-10-15, 10:48:18
Reply #5

Jann

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here's a copy from another topic that you somehow missed:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
MB: Asus X99-A II
GPU: Gainward GTX 1060 6Gb
Storage: SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb
               HDD WD Black 4TB
RAM: Corsair 32GB(4x8) DDR4 2666MHz CL 16 Vengeance LPX
Case: Fractal Design Define R5
PSU: Seasonic P Series 760W

That's the base. Depending on your local price, get the 6900K cpu if possible, that's the best upgrade for rendering speed improvement.
If you plan to OC the cpu, might also get a 280mm aio cooler like the Kraken X61, Corsair H110i GTX, or similar. Anything less than 280mm won't give much better results than that Noctua, so isn't worth it.
I'd suggest getting 2x16Gb ram sticks, or 4x16Gb. As Juraj has said, even 128Gb can be useful one day ;)
Gpu upgrade is the last option, not relevant to rendering. Just if you plan to game on this system at 1440p or higher res screen. Otherwise the 1060 is very capable.