Author Topic: Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD Alpha 5 daily build  (Read 36370 times)

2020-03-23, 14:14:31

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Dear ARCHICAD users!

Let's start your ARCHICAD 23 and install this daily build right away!

The main new features are that this daily build is powered by Corona core 5 and contains ARCHICAD 23 port. Last but not least it brings other important fixes and additions. For more information take a look at our roadmap: https://trello.com/b/xEpkKO34/corona-tentative-road-map-archicad

As always, please let us know how can we improve and if you find some bug, please don't hesitate to report so we can fix it ASAP.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/u/1/d/1Ul6caRyHfhWFnr-s2aLjLKF3OOJ7Cpw5

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=28303.0
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23, 14:22:39 by Nikola »

2020-03-24, 09:44:27
Reply #1

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Alex!
Thank you, wonderful work! I will do some test this days and i'll give you my feedback!!

First i notice:
- During installation process i see the error (1st image attached) but i follow the simple instruction and it works! (I use italian version)
- When i open "Photorenderings settings" i can't scroll down some menus (2nd image circle green)... This palette is useful to save preset of render option (circle red) to assign to a different view.

Those are only two little things, other things work fine!
Great job guys

2020-03-24, 10:57:03
Reply #2

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile

I see you have IT localization? Do you have an Add-Ons folder within the AC folder structure?

Regarding the 2nd issue. It's somehow not possible to scroll in those lists in AC. They should be probably shorter. Our current approach is to use dialog via Corona/Render in the top menu. As you have probably seen, we want to get rid of this dialog in the future and use AC Photo rendering settings instead.

2020-03-24, 11:54:52
Reply #3

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, you see first image the GRAPHISOFT/Archicad23 folder stucture.

Perfect, because AC photorendering palette it's fundamental when you have lot of view and you need different render settings, you can save preset and assign them to each view. In the second image you see an example with the file of the render i post some days ago as a test.

2020-03-24, 12:33:47
Reply #4

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
I've noticed that probably our .lcf library will be not correctly copied too because of the missing folder ARCHICAD Library 23.

Also, the default path for AC installation is C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD XX and it seems like your OS is localized too.

For now, try to run the installer once again or just copy files that were extracted into the Corona Add-Ons folder for your add ons folder.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we are testing on the INT environment...

« Last Edit: 2020-03-24, 12:54:16 by alexhajdu »

2020-03-24, 13:22:40
Reply #5

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No problem, indeed I just copy the folder created in C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 23 to C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 23\Add-Ons and it works perfectly. Then i moved icf file to the library folder (C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 23 to C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 23\Libreria ARCHICAD 23) and everything works fine.

Thank you!

2020-03-24, 16:50:11
Reply #6

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Yes, exactly like this:) Thanks for your understanding.

2020-03-24, 21:08:49
Reply #7

cucu

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I've found two big problems. First: the Interactive Palette is not rescaling the image when I change the dimensions of this. Second: the preview in the Surface window is not working properly, I see it black. I've been testing it in AC22 and 23, and both have the same issues. I hope you can fix them soon.

2020-03-24, 23:17:13
Reply #8

spr0ckets

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I second the issue found with the preview window not showing anything in the Surface settings dialog and just showing black.
Obviously this is critical in  knowing how the material looks like when you make changes.

I understand that adjusting the image size with the interactive renderer, you have to enter the values manually, but it would be great if there was a button to tell it to get the values either from the current open 3D window size or directly from the Render Settings dialog (Which already has such a button).
Some people prefer to be able to stretch the window itself manually, but I've always found that a bit awkward as it distorts the aspect ratio.
If it was possible to stretch it while maintaining the current 3D window aspect ratio so as not to distort things and have the render space adjust accordingly, it would be great.

Still testing it and will update with any other issues that come up.
Currently testing on ArchiCAD version 23.

P.S. Thank you for adding the autosave on render completion function or button (at least that's what I think it is).
That function has saved my loved plenty of times when I've left a render to run overnight only to wake up and find the computer crashed after it was done or it updated and restarted or something crazy like that.

2020-03-25, 09:42:18
Reply #9

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't have problem with material editor... it works properly

2020-03-26, 00:45:46
Reply #10

LUXi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
issue...preview in the Surface window is black

@cucu change render engine then back and it will work...
« Last Edit: 2020-03-26, 00:49:49 by LUXi »

2020-03-26, 12:55:54
Reply #11

maknu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Still can't install because VCRUNTIME140.1.dll is missing... feel a little sad.

2020-03-26, 23:48:05
Reply #12

spr0ckets

• Active Users
    • View Profile
issue...preview in the Surface window is black

@cucu change render engine then back and it will work...

It works to show it, but it doesn't update the preview slot when you make any changes to the material or surface settings.
You have to change engines and change back again to see the update or the change.
It's a little annoying but not too bad. Hope it's fixed soon as the same problem (not updating until you either move the window or minimize and maximize) also occurs in the VFB as its rendering.
The same problem also occurs intermittently in other preview windows like the environment and texture sample preview window in those settings like when you  load an HDRI file for the environment.
Sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes even when it shows and you rotate it for example, you don't see the sample slot updating respectively.

2020-03-27, 09:07:07
Reply #13

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile

Missing VCRUNTIME140..error has nothing to do with installation of Corona for ARCHICAD. Please google for the solution. E.g. https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-vcruntime140-dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/

2020-03-27, 09:09:36
Reply #14

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Black surface window issue and rendering issues is recorded and I will investigate it more, even it's not clear how to achieve this. For me personally it's working fine, but I will try to break it harder...

2020-03-27, 11:33:17
Reply #15

maknu

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Missing VCRUNTIME140..error has nothing to do with installation of Corona for ARCHICAD. Please google for the solution. E.g. https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-vcruntime140-dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/

Thanks! I'll get our IT dept to fix it.

2020-03-28, 00:41:05
Reply #16

jcaid

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I had same issues - wrong directory for add-on and no material preview update. After Archicad restart suprisingly material preview works but theres new issue it looses Diffuse texture after 'some time' and my material turns white. It happened to materials that I created as copies of already existing materials.

2020-03-30, 12:06:10
Reply #17

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Please make separate threads for your issues. In case it's already reported, please comment on that particular thread.
Thanks for your understanding.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-01, 08:35:12 by alexhajdu »

2020-04-19, 02:42:34
Reply #18

mrhome

• Users
    • View Profile

2020-07-10, 10:22:48
Reply #19

Nikolas

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am sorry if I am writing in the wrong topic but I am new in the forum.
Is there a version for mac os as well?

2020-09-28, 15:06:14
Reply #20

serrij

• Users
    • View Profile
 What about version for ARCHICAD 24 ?

2020-10-20, 11:47:00
Reply #21

Sejda

• Users
    • View Profile
Does Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD Alpha 5 works in Archicad 24?

2020-10-21, 10:03:12
Reply #22

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We could continue working on the Archicad plugin, including recompiling for compatibility with newer Archicad releases, if we had developers available for this. Sadly, we do not have any developers who could do it right now.
If you are an experienced developer who would be able to continue the development of the Archicad plugin, or if you know someone who could do that, please send us an email to hiring@corona-renderer.com and we will see what exactly the possibilities are.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-28, 15:32:56
Reply #23

Archi

• Users
    • View Profile
why does Image Editor require a license?

2020-10-28, 15:58:53
Reply #24

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Why wouldn't it? :) It took time and effort to think of, code, test etc. so why would developers not get paid for that work?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-11-03, 09:41:48
Reply #25

Archi

• Users
    • View Profile
1. LIGHT MIX does not work Correctly. 2. often the material is not displayed in the preview when I configure it. 3. rendering takes much longer than before.

2020-12-15, 20:42:39
Reply #26

bOSSS

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi
I have a question...exist corona render  for ARCHICAD 20???
THX

2020-12-28, 09:32:12
Reply #27

Ruck

• Users
    • View Profile
The issue with materials preview occurs after starting the image editor.