Author Topic: Scene Bounding Box too large ... not  (Read 2152 times)

2017-02-26, 16:56:19

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I ran into something that's rather a source of confusion or annoyance than a bug. Trying to render a converted scene (from standard C4D renderer) I ended up with a "Scene Bounding Box is too large", followed by some confusing numbers that rather pointed to a scene of the size of the universe before the big bang (we could argue here if there was a BEFORE, because there was no time then, but I am wandering from the subject) than a scene too large.
Nevertheless, after removing all objects one by one, a Corona light remained - Light type: Sector, Light Shape: Sphere Sector, Angle: 0°.
And this (impossible) angle caused the strange error warning.

Why did I write so much and did not come to the point at once?

Well, it took you considerably less time to read this than me to debug the scene ;) And I was really pi... (please, read it as 3.14159... - I am a polite guy).

Anyway, my conclusion is, you should rather suppress this misleading error message for this case or rather set 0.001° as minimum angle, so nobody accidentally runs into this issue. Who wants a zero-point-light anyway?

Thx,
Michael

2017-03-14, 13:32:50
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks for your precise description! The next versions should have minimal angle of the sector set to 0.001deg, as you suggested. We hope, you won't be the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter anymore ;-)

2017-03-14, 18:08:23
Reply #2

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for changing it :)

I'll have some American 3.14... to celebrate (I will eat it, of course, and not use it for any weird purpose ;)

Michael