Author Topic: Questions and suggestions about Corona Bitmap Shader  (Read 1798 times)

2017-04-06, 14:36:11

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
- When (in what cases) do I use this shader / what makes me want to use it over the native bitmap loader of C4D?
- Would it be possible for the future to transfer already existing bitmaps from the texture slot into this shader's texture slot when assigning a Corona bitmap to a channel? As native shaders like Layer or Filter do?
- Would it be possible to add this little "selection triangle" within the Bitmaps shader that allows us to select from a list of already used bitmaps instead of always having to use the "load" dialog?

Thx,
Michael

2017-04-07, 17:46:47
Reply #1

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

1) The only reason why Corona Bitmap exists is to allow us to add new features (as we cannot extend C4D native bitmap), for example udim support. That being said, unless you need some feature not present in native C4D bitmap, there is no need to prefer Corona Bitmap over C4D one. Right now, there can be some performance differences, but those should go away as we optimize underlaying shader system...
 2) That is good idea and should be quite simple to do, we will try to add it in next daily build...
 3) This should also be possible, but it might take some time as it needs some additional internal changes, I will add it to our feature requests.

Cheers,
Aleš

2017-04-07, 18:26:08
Reply #2

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile