Author Topic: HDRI Lighting Issue  (Read 3770 times)

2017-04-01, 00:32:41

basor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I am pretty new to the Corona renderer, I just started learning it by watching tutorials and understanding scenes at the beginning of the week. Before that I simply used the standard render engine from Cinema 4D.

I built a scene from a really old project and tried to do some stuff with it. Unfortunately I'm having trouble setting up the HDRI lighting, it's just not looking right. I already watched some tutorials for it and used the search button here in the forum, but can't quite figure out what the problem is.

I bought the HDRI PureLIGHT 9 Pack from Ronen Bakerman, which was in sale. In a text document provided he said the gamma should be at 0.454545, so I gave that a try but it neither this option nor the 1 was really helping the scene.

I've put the HDRI map to a Corona material to diffuse and used a filter on it to adjust the gamma etc. I applied the hole thing to a regular sky object without a Corona tag. I used photographic exposure in the render settings and tried ticking the same thing in the camera settings and leaving it out.

Picture 1: Lighting with 0.45 gamma, with photographic exposure in camera settings turned on
Picture 2: Lighting with 0.45 gamma, with photographic exposure in camera settings turned off
Picture 3: Lighting with 1 gamma, with photographic exposure in camera settings turned on
Picture 4: Lighting with 1 gamma, with photographic exposure in camera settings turned off

What am I missing here? I really can't figure it out. I already tried three different HDRIs but didn't manage to get it working.

Thank you so much for your help and all the best,

Max

2017-04-01, 19:21:47
Reply #1

basor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I figured out what I did wrong. I didn't adjust the camera settings in the correct way and had to change the angle of the sky a little further. In addition the white balance was off, so it looked extremely blueish. I am doing another test render at the moment, but it already looks way better!

2017-04-01, 19:29:04
Reply #2

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, with the new beta1 light material can be used as environment map.

2017-04-01, 19:37:09
Reply #3

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile

How did you get this Beta 1 running? I keep being asked for a licence.

2017-04-01, 22:53:51
Reply #4

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I have the same license truble. I've seen in the description that we can use a light meterial in env map.

2017-04-02, 02:21:17
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I have the same license truble. I've seen in the description that we can use a light meterial in env map.

Ah, I see, thx.