General Category > General CG Discussion

UNreal 5

(1/4) > >>

JF:

I love Corona, but I hate 3ds max.
What are people's thoughts on Unreal 5 for Archviz vs Corona, bearing in mind that initial models come from Revit or Rhino?
If the import works without issue and the UV's work without issue, in my mind, this is becoming a bit of 3ds max / Render Plugin (no offense Corona I love you) killer. 
I'm wondering where the pipeline catch is?

I know unreal is not in the roadmap for Corona, but honestly, at this point, sticking to Autodesk products (yes I know you're there cinebench)  might be an issue. Autodesk has decided not to significantly update it's software for the past decade whereas unreal is being somewhat revolutionary.

Philip kelly:
Agree with you 100%

vblackrender.:
Sounds interesting, but I cant see this in the near future. I personally dont know anybody who would work in unreal for archviz. There are to many functions missing, plugins, also modeling is a whole different thing and all the 3d assets.

aaouviz:
Hey JF,

Be a pioneer. Lead the way.

If your theory hold up, we'll be following. You'll even have a head-start...

sebastian___:
I tried to find more informations on youtube videos and on their documentation, about their new real-time Lumen GI and lighting.
By default the quality is not high enough, you don't have proper contact shadows, the soft shadows seem only an approximation of the real thing. But maybe just like in cryengine, you can increase the quality with CVARS, even if you will get 1 frame per second, but from what I've looked so far, it seems it's not there.

Of course you can't see the problems if you have a heavy busy textured terrain, but with a white or gray interior, the lack of quality becomes visible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version