General Category > Hardware

Laptop Suggestions

<< < (3/3)

Juraj:
i7 11800H vs Ryzen 5900HX. Incredibly similar in terms of performance, trading blows.

i7 11800H vs i9 11900H. No idea...but previously there was almost never any difference because of throttling and power/thermal limits. Sometimes the i7 was even faster :- ).

You will still have to choose some power profile since both CPU and GPU are usually at 100W in this size category, but they can't really do both at same time.
Well they will all get crazy hot I don't think there's anything to be done, the higher end models already have big vapor chambers, but in practice it's not drastic difference.

I can't advice on individual models of laptops, I usually don't follow those reviews well. I don't care as much about maximizing performance on laptop.
MSI vs Asus vs Dell/Alienware, Lenovo, they change far too often to keep up. I would choose the one you like visually since you will be seen with it in public :- ) Just kidding, but being nice device is important for me to enjoy the experience.

Ekladiuos:
hahaha I can totally relate to this, the aesthetics make a lot of difference for me that's why my heart was with the razer but it cannot work.

Thanks a lot anyway, always helpful!

Luke:
Does any know if you can get a Laptop with 128Gb Ram and a AMD chip or something with more than 10 cores?
I can't find one anywhere, I looked up clevo and couldn't find it anywhere?

I contacted their Australian reseller and he's pointed me to these 2:
https://www.metabox.com.au/store/Prime-X-Range/Buy - 128GB Ram but i9 (10 core cpu)

https://www.metabox.com.au/store/Prime-Ai-Range/Buy - 64GB Ram (Max) and AMD 5900x (12 cores)

I quickly went through their options and priced up this machine as i think the 128Gb Ram is essential for me...

Metabox Prime-X X170KM-G
Intel Core i9-10900KF 10-Core (20M Cache up to 5.30 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 16GB GDDR6 VRAM with G-Sync (165W TGP)
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut - Ultra High Performance Thermal Dissipation
17.3" UHD 4K IPS-Grade Edge-to-Edge Matte 60HZ LED - G-Sync & 100% AdobeRGB Colour Gamut
Per-Key Edge-Lit Colour Keyboard - Adjustable Colours Per-Key with N-Key Rollover
128GB DDR4 2666MHZ (4 x 32GB)
**Bonus** Metabox Performance 2TB PCIe NVME M.2 SSD
No Secondary M.2 SSD Drive - Optional Upgrade
No Tertiary M.2 SSD Drive - Optional Upgrade
No Quaternary M.2 SSD Drive
Killer 1650 AX Low Latency WIFI & Bluetooth 5.1 (up to 2.4 Gbps) with Killer Double Shot (4.9 Gbps)
No Optical Disc Drive - Optional Upgrade
Win 10 Professional 64BIT License - Installed & Ready-Out-Of-The-Box
3 Year Metabox Platinum Care Onsite Pickup Protection

what do you guys reckon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version