General Category > Hardware

Monitor Recommendations

<< < (2/3) > >>

danio1011:
I love my 3200U which I got based on Juraj's recommendation.  I just ordered another one, actually.  The reviews scared me off for a while because they talk about the display blinking off, but I've only really seen that happen once or twice.

Are you running a surge suppressor or an actual UPS?  We run cyberpower UPS with the sinewave feature which (I believe) gives you another layer of separation from the wall outlet power fluctuations.  Not to derail the conversation, but maybe something to look into if you're investing in more expensive hardware.  https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups/pfc-sinewave/

Juraj:
That occasional flicker is unfortunate hardware defect, mine do it too, but only veeery infrequently. It's actually quite common modulator issue, but I consider it better issue than all the backlighting horrors elsewhere :- ).

Consumer & Prosumer Monitor market is like this..no matter how expensive the monitor is, it will have some issues. Looks like the design & QualityControl is just not on par, unless you pay the money for NEC & Eizo for identical visual quality at 3-4 times the price for guaranteed quality control.

Gewiz90:
Hi Juraj, Can you tell me your settings you use on your BenQ 3220U.

Juraj:
I have bunch of 3200U, the older gen and the 2720U as vertical side-monitor.

Settings are the same, factory sRGB mode, 50perc. brightness. These monitors sadly don't offer hardware calibration (14bit LUT stored in OSD), and software calibration (ICC profile stored by GPU in Windows) is useless because it is ignored by 3dsMax and Corona framebuffer.

You can still use ICC profile, but it will only show you correct colors in Photoshop.

No other settings are important.

I might reconsider my general suggestion for 3220U and 2720U since I feel like for their price point, omission of hardware calibration is bit of a problem. Usually this was standard (no HW calib under 1000 Euros,) but lately mid-range LG monitors (even their gaming ones like 950GN) do offer such options.

Lot of interesting monitors will be coming on market in Q2. 4K, 144HZ. I will see which one of them is the best in terms of quality and value.

Majeranek:
Guys,
what do you think of LG 32UN650 as a budget option? Looks like it has a similar specs as the Benq PD3200U (or LG 32UD99-W which is not available) but better design and price point.
Or it's better to hold up for a while and wait for those Q2 premieres?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version