General Category > Hardware

Monitor Recommendations

<< < (3/3)

mylesmontgomery:
Thanks Juraj, your recommendations are invaluable!

--- Quote from: Juraj on 2021-01-27, 11:15:47 ---I have bunch of 3200U, the older gen and the 2720U as vertical side-monitor.

Settings are the same, factory sRGB mode, 50perc. brightness. These monitors sadly don't offer hardware calibration (14bit LUT stored in OSD), and software calibration (ICC profile stored by GPU in Windows) is useless because it is ignored by 3dsMax and Corona framebuffer.

You can still use ICC profile, but it will only show you correct colors in Photoshop.

No other settings are important.

I might reconsider my general suggestion for 3220U and 2720U since I feel like for their price point, omission of hardware calibration is bit of a problem. Usually this was standard (no HW calib under 1000 Euros,) but lately mid-range LG monitors (even their gaming ones like 950GN) do offer such options.

Lot of interesting monitors will be coming on market in Q2. 4K, 144HZ. I will see which one of them is the best in terms of quality and value.

--- End quote ---

Juraj:

--- Quote from: Majeranek on 2021-03-27, 21:46:22 ---Guys,
what do you think of LG 32UN650 as a budget option? Looks like it has a similar specs as the Benq PD3200U (or LG 32UD99-W which is not available) but better design and price point.
Or it's better to hold up for a while and wait for those Q2 premieres?

--- End quote ---

These are very hard to compare since PD3200U is ancient by now :- ) It's 2016 monitor with panel of same year from AU Optronics. LG 32UN650 is last year model only with panel from BOE.
Otherwise there is feature parity indeed.

As for budget option, yup, I would say good choice. Be prepared that with LG Monitors in general, you might count with warranty. One thing you pay with higher-tier monitors, is quality control.
That's not just dead pixels or better factory calibration, it's also to avoid excessive light bleed (not IPS glare, but the artifacts from corners of edge-lit displays).

As for Q2 premiere of displays, well... looks like things are delayed once more. Most brands only introduced their truly high-end offerings at 3K + Euro pricepoints and left the remainder to Q3/Q4..

Vuk:
@Juraj - How do you think the PD3200U compares to the DELL U3219Q?

I have one U3219Q in the office and I wanted to try Benq (never tried a single monitor from the brand) so I am stuck between the older 3200U and the "newer" Dell (2016vs2019). The Dell is a bit more expensive around 200 euros but there is also the option of the much more expensive 3220U, that I don't think it's worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version