Author Topic: [Useful Scripts\Tools]  (Read 250422 times)

2020-01-30, 10:37:36
Reply #255

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks for informing. I removed dead link.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-01-30, 16:36:07
Reply #256

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2020-01-30, 16:40:08 by PROH »

2020-01-30, 20:18:38
Reply #257

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Aaand added back to list :] Thank you PROH!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-05-19, 12:13:05
Reply #258

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys !
Looking for a script that would allow me to move the object in a file to different layer without opening the file itself. Pretty much like you can change bitmap paths in a file in Connecter.
Any hints much appreciated !

2020-05-19, 13:47:43
Reply #259

niljut

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys !
Looking for a script that would allow me to move the object in a file to different layer without opening the file itself. Pretty much like you can change bitmap paths in a file in Connecter.
Any hints much appreciated !

That is not possible, unfortunately.

2020-05-22, 02:26:59
Reply #260

orangekid36

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone know which is the best plugin for "cleaning the scene" something like cleaner, but for 2020. I am looking to try and remove standard materials, and unused maps. Thanks everyone!

2020-05-22, 10:03:38
Reply #261

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Does anyone know which is the best plugin for "cleaning the scene" something like cleaner, but for 2020. I am looking to try and remove standard materials, and unused maps. Thanks everyone!

I'd recommend SiNi Forensic and Relink Bitmaps - both free.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2020-05-22, 10:27:52
Reply #262

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

Yes, SiNi Forensic is the way to go.

Not free and not expensive but is doing a great job on relinking bitmaps, corona proxies, xrefs is Library Track / Relink by Pixamoon.
One of the great features it has is that you do not have to open the Max file.
https://www.pixamoon.com/shop/4587562584/library-track-relink-.../9337230

2020-05-22, 12:52:59
Reply #263

JulioCayetano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not free and not expensive but is doing a great job on relinking bitmaps, corona proxies, xrefs is Library Track / Relink by Pixamoon.

I can confirm it too, we use this tool all the time in our offcie, and it is working flawlessly. Not only that you donĀ“t need to open the MAX files you need to relink, but you can also "batch relink" many of them at once, for example, a collection of trees from your library, or somthing like that. It has many options, one of them is similar to the "Relink Bitmaps" script, automatically search for maps inside a given location, but it also has the option to "set path strip", so you can change just the part of the local/network adress you need, for example changing the unit letter, or the IP adress, etc.

And I agree again, imho, it is not expensive for the use we give to it.

2020-06-26, 12:17:21
Reply #264

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform

Yes, SiNi Forensic is the way to go.

You can also do this with the Connecter app (asset browser) which is free. Just click 1 or more files files in the browser and click the "manage files" button. Here you can search, assign or remove bitmaps as the relink bitmaps script without having to open the files.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2021-09-07, 11:56:59
Reply #265

MastaMan

• Active Users
  • http://3dground.net
    • View Profile
    • 3D GROUND

2022-02-09, 14:10:41
Reply #266

Anestis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,
found these open source  free scripts that I'm using more and more, especially the live overscan one.
I love how I can decide on which part of the image I wanna add more space. http://maxscripts.se/
Hope you find them useful
Cheers!

2023-01-10, 08:48:02
Reply #267

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys.
Can somebody help me with the script RenderHiddenGeometry posted here by Rotem (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=4908.msg76005#msg76005)?
I used it with different versions of Max and it worked fine, but it is a bit different with the Max 2023. This script installs normally, after that I'm able to create the button on the toolbar and assign hot key, it works well, but only until I close Max. When I start it again it doesn't recognize the macroScript, button/hot key doesn't work and Max can't see this action in the Customize User Interface dialog although the macroScript is still located in C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2023 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros folder

Would be very grateful for the solution because this macro's function is useful for me.

2023-01-10, 09:28:59
Reply #268

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
When I start it again it doesn't recognize the macroScript

Looks like a Max bug, it seems to dislike the continuation characters ("\") in the definition. If you remove them, it works.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-01-10, 09:52:36
Reply #269

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When I start it again it doesn't recognize the macroScript

Looks like a Max bug, it seems to dislike the continuation characters ("\") in the definition. If you remove them, it works.

Good Luck

Thank you Frood! Now it works fine.