Author Topic: Max 2014 - Immediate Crash on Corona2013.dlr load  (Read 11620 times)

2014-03-19, 13:44:15
Reply #15

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
As it has been already said. This problem is due to the missing windows update. So you either have that update hidden, for some reason, or you use some modified version of Windows.

Both judrake and I have previously said that we have installed every Windows Update available at the problem is still occurring.

Yeah, they may have said so, but that does not necessarily mean it is reality. Not saying they lie, but there are many variables that could be responsible for some of the updates missing.

2014-03-19, 14:13:28
Reply #16

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
for a while in the daily builds there was some particular windows installer or visual c+ thing that had to be installed, what was that again?

2014-03-19, 14:25:21
Reply #17

judrake

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's working \o/
Windows update was actually the problem but I had to manually launch a search for update 4 times cause even if windows said that no more update are available , a manual search found a lot more updates each time ( I'm a linux user, windows updates is like walking into mordor to me )

Thanks all.

2014-03-19, 18:47:41
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Second unrelated bugreport was splitted here: http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,3144.0.html
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)