Author Topic: Show window contents while dragging  (Read 3985 times)

2019-10-03, 19:42:59

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has anyone else noticed the visual effect "show window contents while dragging" in performance options of the advanced tab in system properties slows down most windows navigation, specifically corona's VFB? Am I the only one who turns this off?

windows 10
corona 4 hf1
Xeon
128bg ram
RTX 2080ti

2019-10-31, 18:20:10
Reply #1

MaxP

• Users
    • View Profile
Yea I've noticed it too. I run it on Windows 10.

2019-10-31, 20:04:50
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
So that's what makes VFB with 8k render in it so painfully slow :- ) ?

I'll test that asap, I didn't even know this was functionality that can be turned off.

There are many mysteries with Windows 10 for me. For example I have almost the fastest possible PC you can buy, and yet writing on Skype (or other messanger) can get slower than on underclocked Celeron from 20 years ago.
Some many features can introduce lag into the whole system. I would never call it smooth. I feel this got worse with the past year big upgrades (since the first Creator).

Oh, and uninstall that crap "Photos" app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/microsoftphotosexe-causes-high-cpu-usage/c10f9660-4f03-48b3-8f68-7ec4245d754d?page=2
Then bring back good old "Photo Viewer" from 7. Don't have link saved anywhere, but I have registry script for this.

Faster, superior, color-managed, doesn't slow down 32+ cored workstations by scanning the whole network all the time.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-11-02, 13:27:52
Reply #3

ynotsop

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have this turned off also. Does anyone else have very slow object selection when material editor is open/maximized in 3ds max? Someone reported this issue on the Autodesk forums but it never got resolved. Reinstalling C++ helped a little but selecting objects is nowhere near as fast as when the material editor is closed/minimized. It's such a big problem when having to work on materials. It takes more than 5 seconds for the object to get selected. Perhaps it's just my computer.

What I also noticed is how faster Corona render is the first time I run it. But as I continue working on the project the render time and IR gets significantly slower...

Juraj thanks for posting the link about Photos app. I also noticed huge random CPU spikes from Photos. Time to delete.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-02, 13:33:14 by ynotsop »

2019-11-02, 14:12:13
Reply #4

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
slate material editor very slow itself for me especially on 4k display. and if you have corona distant map in Cscatter...

2019-11-04, 12:48:36
Reply #5

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
slate material editor very slow itself for me especially on 4k display. and if you have corona distant map in Cscatter...
Hi, good news for you - improving performance of Corona Scatter with Corona Distance map plugged in density map slot is something we would like to focus on at the beginning of Corona v6 cycle. ;-)
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2019-11-04, 18:23:20
Reply #6

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, good news for you - improving performance of Corona Scatter with Corona Distance map plugged in density map slot is something we would like to focus on at the beginning of Corona v6 cycle. ;-)
Cool, great news =)
I hope Autodesk also will fix slow Slate mat editor for big resolution
like this
« Last Edit: 2019-11-04, 18:49:02 by sprayer »