Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Translucency map/mask?!!

(1/2) > >>

melviso:
Hi,
I am trying to create a material where a part of the mesh is translucent and another part is opaque, Is there a way to achieve this? I am trying to use a black and white map/mask but it is appearing as black and white, I plugged it to the transl. color map. Is there somewhere else this mask/map can be applied in the material cause I am guessing the transl. color map is for the color of translucency?

Thanks.
I am using Corona A6 version.

romullus:
There is translucency fraction slot for that, but it was introduced later than A6 i believe. You can try to mix b&w mask with translucency color / map via various max maps like mix, mask, composite, coronamix and put it in translucency slot. It won't be same as mapping trnslucency level, but may work quite good nevertheless.

melviso:
Okay. Thanks. :)

What about masking bump maps using the composite node? It doesn't seem to be working properly. As for masking normal maps, it seems to work sometimes, other times it doesn't work.

romullus:
Can you provide some examples where masking not working?

melviso:
Say u have a sphere, if u connect a white color, using a corona solid Tex for example to layer 1 in a composite node and a black color using corona solid Tex to Layer 2 and apply a mask to Layer 2, there isn't any difference, the sphere shows no bump information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version