Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

How would i create a cinematic looking interior moonlight shot?

(1/3) > >>

Jpjapers:
Hi, im reworking an old university project of mine in corona and im struggling to achieve a cinematic moonlight interior shot. Im aware that the light reflected by the moon is the same colour as the sun and that its only perceived as tinted blue because of the way our eyes work but this doesnt translate to screen because your eyes arent seeing raw light theyre seeing something computed and absolute. So how can i achieve that moonlit look without the scene being very very dark. some sort of ambient light maybe?
the scene takes place in an attic. At the moment it just looks like daylight through the skylights.

Bear in mind this is a severely WIP image being converted from mental ray and none of the materials have been remade as of yet.

CiroC:
For the look you want, you will need to use additional lights inside the attic.  Are you using a portal?

maru:
I would suggest rendering this in 32-bit format or much brighter than it should eventually be, and then adding the desired look in post (for example Fusion which is free). You can also add a different map as directly visible background, and other one for lighting. Can you post an example of what look you are after? I googled for some screenshots and it looks like the "grown ups" like to add this purple hue to the image (I'm not sure if it's correct in any way, but I could look good as your render looks cartoonish).
http://www.geforce.com/sites/default/files-world/screenshots/thief-deadly-shadows/screenshot5.jpg
http://jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/Monsters-Inc-Jessie-Luxo-we.jpg

CiroC:
It also depends on what look you are trying to achieve. Can you show any example you have in mind? With that opening is going to be difficult to have a fully lit room.

Offtopic :Ahh, Thief Deadly Shadows. What a great game.

maru:
<offtopic>

--- Quote from: CiroC on 2015-09-02, 11:32:50 ---Offtopic :Ahh, Thief Deadly Shadows. What a great game.

--- End quote ---
First thing I though of when looking for "night" themed images. Great game indeed. And it would hardly run on any mid-class PC available at that time when it was released. I still like the "puppet" look of characters due to very strong normal maps. :)
</offtopic>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version