Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

ACES OCIO Config

(1/4) > >>

Steven_IAS:
Hello,

I am trying to get a proper workflow set up with the ACES OT transform. We render out or passes and recomp the beauty in Nuke. The one thing I am having an issue finding information on is the config that this new ACES OT uses. Is it ACEScg 1.0.3, spi-anim, spi-vfx? We need this information to be able to set up our colour workflow properly. I have not been able to get a 1:1 match out of the VFB to Nuke.

Has anyone figured this out, or can offer some advice?

Thank you,
Steven

TomG:
While I leave it to the devs to answer the question specifically, in case it is useful anyway, I did just want to add in the reminder that applying the ACES OT does not make the output compatible with an ACES color managed workflow. It simply adds a tone mapping curve that is used in ACES as a "sweetener". This may or may not affect your question, but I did want to make sure that was clarified.

davemahi:
"While I leave it to the devs to answer the question specifically, in case it is useful anyway, I did just want to add in the reminder that applying the ACES OT does not make the output compatible with an ACES color managed workflow. It simply adds a tone mapping curve that is used in ACES as a "sweetener". This may or may not affect your question, but I did want to make sure that was clarified."

Hmmm that is a bit disappointing.

TomG:
Sorry it is disappointing, but it was carefully described in the release info, "For the more technical readers, it applies the curve that “sweetens” the end result in ACES workflows when taking an image from a wide to a narrow color space." so it was never described as being ACES workflow compatible (OCIO) output.

Steven_IAS:
Correct me if I am wrong. This means what the ACES OT is not an actually ACES workflow, but a LUT that is applied to the image?

If this is the case, is there anyway to set up Corona to work properly with the ACES industry standard?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version