Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

CoronaDECAL masked by Vertex Paint

(1/3) > >>

szymon.bochenek:
Hi!

Is it possible to somehow mask CoronaDecal by VertexPaint ?
I just would like to paint this Decal mask in 3dsmax instead of using ready bitmaps:)
(for example dusty road or path line on grassy field)

BR,
Szymon

romullus:
Nope, decals can't be used as masks, nor they can be masked themselves. You can use include/exclude lists to control which object will receive decals, but you can't limit that to specific parts of the object.

I'm not sure if i understand what you're trying to achieve, but it looks like Corona distance might be more suitable for your task.

szymon.bochenek:

Thank you Romullus.
I meant can I use somehow VertexPaint as a mask for Decal texture?
I attached screenshot.

romullus:
I'm afraid that's not possible. Vertex colours is a property of an mesh object and decal is not a mesh, it can't have vertex colours. If your aim is to paint a mask directly in 3ds Max, maybe consider using viewport canvas. Since its output is regular bitmap, there should be no problems of using it with decals.

szymon.bochenek:
Thanks Romullus!

Viewport Canvas is solution for me (instead of VertexPaint).
I can draw mask for Decal directly on 3d model. It works! Decal size should be the same as plane below to fit bitmap size.
I use Decals in this case because its very easy to manage displacements while making complex terrain models.
File in attachement. (the only thing is that IR is not working while I`m painting but its not big problem:) )

Thanks again!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version