Author Topic: Materials not loading?  (Read 1425 times)

2021-06-14, 11:55:33

EmilieJuul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

So I am new at using Corona, and I have a problem with Corona materials. They appear very blurry in the scene both before and after rendering.

In the material editor the materials are half red half blue, and the connected Corona Bitmaps are half red half green. Also the material previews does not always appear. What does this mean? I have tried to reload bitmaps with no change.

I could not find any help on Google, probably because I dont really know what kind of problem to look for... however any tutorial etc that I have seen, has never shown these red/green materials.

Hope there's a simply solution

Thank you

2021-06-14, 14:06:29
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hi and welcome,

They appear very blurry in the scene

If you are using CoronaBitmap nodes and the maps appear generally low res in the viewport try:

"Views" -> "Viewport Configuration" -> Tab "Display Performance" -> "Viewport Images and Textures Display Resolution" -> "Baked Procedural Maps:" -> 4096 Pixels.

Also the material previews does not always appear

Make sure that

1. You have assigned Corona to "Material Editor" in "Render Setup" -> "Common" -> "Assign Renderer"
2. Rendering is enabled in the Material Editor ("Options" -> "Enable global rendering" or teapot icon lower left)

If the above does not help, you should provide at least a screenshot and your Max and Corona version + type of graphic card/GPU memory amount.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-06-14, 14:46:27
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
In the material editor the materials are half red half blue, and the connected Corona Bitmaps are half red half green.

Half red half blue/green title bar shows that certain material or texture is displayed in the viewport. This is normal.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-14, 17:48:28
Reply #3

EmilieJuul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much - I think this did it. I enabled global rendering and now materials look much better.