Author Topic: Clone a node (UVW Randomizer) in Slate Editor  (Read 2092 times)

2021-01-21, 12:13:24

wabisabi

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have found this explanation on the Corona Render Webside, how to use the UVW Randomizer (see attachment).
They say that I have to clone the UVW Randomizer, to geht the same Values in the different slots.
How can I copy the node, so that the values in every copied node of the UVW Randomizer are the same?

Hope someone can help me....thanks, Michael

2021-01-21, 12:32:26
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
In slate material editor hold SHIFT and drag any map, or material and it will get cloned.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-01-21, 12:51:27
Reply #2

wabisabi

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Romullus,
thank you for your answer. But when I copy the UVW Randomizer by holding shift and drag.....when I type in some values into the first node, it does not appear in the copied node.
And that is what I want. I hope you understand my issue. The reason for my question is, that I get the same values from each UVW Randomizer in the different slots...eg: diffuse, refl glos, bitmap and so one.
Thank you

2021-01-21, 14:42:02
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The behavior you see is correct, the clones are copies, not instances.

What you can do is add a UVWRandomizer, then connect Controllers to all the parameters you want to control (so you can change one place, and all copies will get that value for that parameter). Once you have a Controller hooked up to one UVWRandomizer to control every parameter you want to adjust, you can save that someplace for easy reuse. Now when you clone the Randomizer, the connections to the controllers will be maintained, and adjusting the value in the one controller will change the parameter it is connected to in all connected UVWRandomizers.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-01-21, 14:45:14
Reply #4

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
edit: TomG beat me to it. What he said. :)

This can be done with Linear Float controller nodes. I'm not an expert in controller nodes, so I'm not sure if Linear Float is the best one, but it seems to work. The concept is that you're basically connecting one of the text inputs from the UVW Randomizer out to an external node.

Anyway, right click in Slate, go to Controllers/Float Controller/Linear Float. Drag a connection from the output of this node to your UVW Randomizer map. When you let go, you'll be given a list of all the UVW Randomizer inputs. Choose one, and now whatever you enter in that Controller node will show up in the corresponding spot in the UVW Randomizer map. Add separate Controller nodes for each input you'd like to control.

Now if you clone the UVW Randomizer map (just grab the map, don't grab the controllers), it'll connect up to the original controllers. Now you can enter a value in a controller and it'll update each connected UVW Randomizer map. You can even adjust a value inside a UVW Randomizer map, and if it has a controller connected, it'll update the controller and any other UVW Randomizer map connected to it.

i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2021-01-21, 14:52:02
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
But you had the explanatory picture! So - what they showed :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-01-21, 15:20:27
Reply #6

wabisabi

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you TomG, thank you nauticus25,

that was exactly what I was searching for!

Michael

2021-01-21, 15:41:08
Reply #7

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But you had the explanatory picture! So - what they showed :)
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2021-01-21, 15:49:30
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is also something that we would definitely like to improve. Controlling multiple UVW Randomizer / Triplanar / other nodes at the same time.

(Internal ID=519549099)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-01-21, 16:07:25
Reply #9

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
In general, I think it would be great if more slate editor components worked more or less like they do in Grasshopper if you're familiar.

I think it would make for much more efficient work flows when it comes to creating materials, and you can save a lot of time as a result.

This feature is already implemented for the CoronaColorCorrect modifier. I think UVW Randomizer would also be really helpful.

2021-01-21, 16:10:56
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This feature is already implemented for the CoronaColorCorrect modifier. I think UVW Randomizer would also be really helpful.

Exactly this. But there are various ways how it could be done.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us