Author Topic: CoronaSun + Daylight system = messed up  (Read 1882 times)

2018-08-21, 10:46:42

WAcky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there,

I always use a daylight system to make sure I'm rendering with plausible sun angles for a given site's location.
I noticed (mid-way through a project) that the CoronaSun now has a target. Interesting... Thankfully I tried moving the target to see what happened, and oh dear, it completely changed the angle of the sun, even though I'm using a daylight system... It should all be locked down, shouldn't it? (unless in manual mode).

I've been switching over to a vraysun to see if the CoronaSun matches vraysun and nope, it doesn't seem to care where I put the target or the Daylight compass, it's completely different from the vraysun result.

Whats the deal here? This seems like a remarkably dangerous bug if it is indeed a bug.

Edit: well no other sun but the coronaSun produces direct light it seems in Corona, so in fact I have no way to be sure the coronaSun is in the right position...

2018-08-21, 10:49:31
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What Corona version do you use?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-08-21, 10:57:01
Reply #2

WAcky

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Upon further investigation, it seems that if the CoronaSun's target isn't perfectly aligned with the Daylight's compass then the sun angle is incorrect. Now that I know it's fine, but this could land someone in a lot of trouble if they don't realise it...

2018-08-21, 10:57:57
Reply #3

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. This is a known bug in v2 that is quite serious, and I sure hope they'll fix it soon.

So far there's 2 workarounds:

1 - create (move) the sun at 0,0,0

or

- create a Corona sun, uncheck "targeted", delete the sun
- create a daylight system as you're used to. The sun will now "remember" the untargeted setting

Hope it helps until this get fixed

2018-08-21, 11:07:47
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I can't remember this being reported, so i'm moving this topic to bug reporting board.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-08-22, 17:37:37
Reply #5

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10