Author Topic: Changing sun in Daylight System to Corona Sun creates a targeted sun object  (Read 3251 times)

2018-06-21, 14:20:14

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When I create a Daylight System, then change the sun in that Daylight System from a mr sun (default) to a Corona Sun, the Corona Sun is created as a targeted object with the target locked to the origin.  If the Daylight System is not created at the origin, the apparent rendered time of day does not reflect the actual time selected in the Time/Date/Location setup in the Daylight System.  This is because the Corona Sun is looking at its target, which is at a different angle than the center of the Daylight System.  I now have to make sure the Daylight System is created (or moved to) the origin.  I previously did not need to do this.  The new behavior appears to be that the Corona Sun now has a target, which I don't think it did before.  I did not install RC1, but have noticed this in RC2 and RC3.

On a side note, is there a way to have the Daylight System automatically use a Corona Sun?
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2018-07-05, 18:37:51
Reply #1

mitram

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I just came across this little bug. A workaround is:

1 - create a corona sun out of the daylight system and turn the target "tick" off;
2 - After the first step, create a daylight system and select corona sun as normal, and you'll see that it no longer adds the annoying target. Somehow the first step overrides the default "target mode" of Corona Sun inside the Daylight system.

Hope it helps!

2018-07-09, 13:44:08
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Internal note: id=252132020
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-17, 13:55:25
Reply #3

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Has this being fixed as I am doing shadow analysis and have just finished a big report to find it's incorrect.

The target is still there?

Whats the story?
Dell Precision T7910

2018-07-19, 17:42:38
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It's not fixed yet, sorry.

2018-11-01, 17:48:04
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is fixed and should be available in one of the upcoming dailies/RCs.