Author Topic: Carpet in corona render  (Read 4695 times)

2021-07-10, 20:01:12

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone! This is a small project created with the objective of testing some process to make carpets. The ones with fur have been made using corona scatter and the rest using dabarti capture. 

Due to the limitations of corona scatter the workflow is not as straightforward as I would like, but it is still possible to project the texture onto the scatter as long as the surface is relatively flat. I added an image explaining a little bit the texture setup

I hope you find it interesting. If anyone knows a better way to achieve this effect that doesn't involve forest pack or other object distribution systems, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Software: 3dsmax, Corona renderer 7, Photoshop

Behance: https://www.behance.net/gfabra1
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gabrielfabra_/

2021-07-12, 09:06:25
Reply #1

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks really good, maybe for certain types of rug you could use a hair/fur tool like Ornatrix.

2021-07-13, 21:15:52
Reply #2

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks really good, maybe for certain types of rug you could use a hair/fur tool like Ornatrix.

Thank you very much! I tried to do it with 3dsmax Hair&Fur but the result is not very good, especially in close-ups. It's also true that I'm not very good at using that tool. I've seen ornatrix and it looks great. Maybe it's worth a try.

2021-07-14, 12:31:10
Reply #3

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You should stay away from 3ds max hair in my opinion, Ornatrix can give great results even in close-ups

2021-07-20, 04:47:54
Reply #4

MissSu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The carpet looks great, of course, it's not the other bad ones, they are all brilliant!
Can you briefly introduce the production process of the following carpets?
Looking forward to it!

2021-07-21, 06:39:17
Reply #5

avaiyajigar

• Users
    • View Profile
Can't find proof that it looks like CG. Hats off !!!
Jigar Avaiya (Archviz)
avaiyajigar@gmail.com

2021-07-21, 22:51:40
Reply #6

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well done. the detail of the strands (Material setup.jpg) is pretty mad.
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube

2021-07-26, 19:35:53
Reply #7

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
The carpets look really good - great job!

I did a in-depth study of carpets not too long ago, and there really isn't a better alternative than Forest Pack as it pertains to carpet / rug shading.

Ornatrix can produce interesting results, but it is very heavy, slow to iterate, and contains some critical bugs with Corona Renderer, which are documented elsewhere on this forum.

2021-08-03, 20:19:45
Reply #8

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The carpet looks great, of course, it's not the other bad ones, they are all brilliant!
Can you briefly introduce the production process of the following carpets?
Looking forward to it!

The ones done with Dabarti Capture are made as straight as it gets. Just following the instructions of the program. With that, you can generate all the textures you need. The only particular aspect is the use of polarised filters to obtain the texture of roughness. The carpets are simple planes with the different textures applied. I attach an image with the different textures. I hope I have answered your question