Author Topic: Team Render  (Read 2434 times)

2019-05-21, 18:43:50

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team,

is there anywhere a really good tutorial, how to install Team Render?
In my case between two Macs...

Specifically how to make the computers communicate with eachother.
Is it done over LAN or WLAN, or simply by directly connecting them with a lightning cable or whatever?

Sorry for such maybe stupid question...

The software side I understood... but didn’t really find clear info about the network part.

2019-05-21, 18:48:23
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There are tutorials from Maxon and Greyscalegorilla that cover Team Render in quite a bit of detail - there's nothing extra, or special (or extra special :) ) about getting it to work with Corona, other than running the Corona Licensing Server; everything else is just as the tutorials for Cinema 4D explain it.

It's over LAN (as WLAN is "the internet", and LAN is "your computers that you have hooked up to your router). So, not hooking up with a cable one machine to another, but having all the machines connected to a router.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-05-21, 19:36:46
Reply #2

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool, thanks a lot Tom!

I was mentioning WLAN because I saw one kid on YouTube having connected TR over WLAN... if I remember correctly.

Okay. Good to know that it‘s basically the „standard“ C4D way...

Hope to get it to work, since I still have one i7 quad 3,4 that only „lays around“ next to my octa Xeon... They should team up and enjoy Corona together. :)))

Greetings.

2019-05-21, 19:47:14
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
They should for sure team up!

Not entirely sure if TR is intended to work across WLAN (so that you could access and use a machine from a completely different location), but definitely just hooking all the machines up to the same LAN (ie on the same router, same local network) should work just fine.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us