Author Topic: Corona Proxy Exporter (continuous updates)  (Read 113741 times)

2016-07-06, 14:11:23
Reply #15

ROTATE

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is one problem. If scene frame rate set to 24 fps, Corona proxy work incorrect. Especially on long range animation. I convert alembic animation file from 1 to 850 frames in 24 fps scene, but Corona Proxy set frames in file to 846,7

2016-07-06, 14:15:33
Reply #16

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Does it also happen if you export it manually (CProxy, pick from scene, etc) or just with the exporter?
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-09-27, 14:17:28
Reply #17

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Small fix

*v0.06 - [2016/09/27] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- added suppressing of collapse warnings

2016-09-28, 21:43:19
Reply #19

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I've been trying to save out some treemodels as proxies on a separate folder so I can quickly place them when making a new scene instead of loading originals exporting as proxy again and again. Problem is that the materials aren't "baked in" the proxyfile and so it's unfortunately not usable.

Is it possible to add this feature for proxies or am I overlooking something here?

2016-09-28, 22:00:23
Reply #20

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
CoronaProxy will never have the possibility to save shader info inside.
It's the same cor V-Ray proxy etc...

The solution is to save a file *.max with only  the Proxy inside with the shader applied.
Then, FILE -> Merge -> CoronaProxy.

2016-09-28, 22:25:09
Reply #21

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your quick reply.

So only .max files can save shader info, my thoughts are confirmed. By saying "never" you mean it's just sheer impossible, or could there be some magician (i.e DeadClown) that could fix this.

2016-09-28, 23:48:12
Reply #22

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
DeadClown cannot do nothing.
Only Corona team can do something.
They can create a new *.cgeo file as a (*.mat+ *.texture) container.
The idea isn't bad. With one *.geo file you will have everything inside of it.
But, I don't know if it's possible.

2016-10-09, 17:16:28
Reply #23

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hiya. I've just come across a problem (i've started a new topic about it though :S )

If I proxy my plants and then use Backburner to render over my farm the proxies do not show up. I need to convert them all to mesh first in the quad menu which is timeconsuming and pushed my scenes to 100million plus polys.

2016-10-10, 10:08:56
Reply #24

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I've just come across a problem (i've started a new topic about it though :S )
I don't really know what this means, but the issue you are describing is not related to the proxy exporter and thus should be regarded as a normal bug report for Corona :)

2017-03-30, 22:10:54
Reply #25

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Hello !

After some weeks of use, I've got some ideas about the proxy exporter that make sens for me, maybe you too ? :)

- Auto rename Object when exporting (instead of only yes/no about overwritting)
- A path selector that retain previous used path (as 3dsmax do in a drop menu ?)
- Maybe a favorite menu to retain prefered folders of exportation (cf previous point)
- Auto rename material ? (
- An option to save selected new exported proxies into a new 3DSmax file (I work like this, to just have to merge a .max file into a scene, containing collection of proxies).

My 2 cents ! :)
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-04-04, 14:37:53
Reply #26

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for your input zules!

That is possible but pretty messy. I could just add a random number at the end but I'm not really a big fan of that. Will think about it :)
- A path selector that retain previous used path (as 3dsmax do in a drop menu ?)
I'm using standard max dialogs for the path selection but I can save the last used path and open the browse dialog at that location.
- Maybe a favorite menu to retain prefered folders of exportation (cf previous point)
see previous point ;)
I don't quite understand that request
- An option to save selected new exported proxies into a new 3DSmax file (I work like this, to just have to merge a .max file into a scene, containing collection of proxies).
That's quite a specific workflow. I don't think there are a lot of users doing it this way. I try to keep the general purpose tools as clean as possible and not to clutter it with too many options. That's also in a way why corona is as successful as it is I think ;) But if you can find a bunch of other people desperately craving for that feature then it is of course possible to do.

2017-04-15, 14:39:35
Reply #27

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Thanks for your input zules!

That is possible but pretty messy. I could just add a random number at the end but I'm not really a big fan of that. Will think about it :)

>> I agree on the messy vision, but when you export lots of object such as complete scene of desk+furniture+pens+++++, there is always stuffs like circle001, line 024, box 035... and sometimes it runs smoothly, but you can also ficnish with box on desk, pens for chair backplate etc... messy too. And those shapes already have a messy number at the end... so box_024_001 is really messier ? :D

I'm using standard max dialogs for the path selection but I can save the last used path and open the browse dialog at that location.

>> Yes that can be great. Would love to see your workflow with 3ds path, because I see the menu, how to add new path and save it, but to use it with proxy exporter... nope.

see previous point ;)
I don't quite understand that request

>> I dont remember why I wrote that... ashame !

That's quite a specific workflow. I don't think there are a lot of users doing it this way. I try to keep the general purpose tools as clean as possible and not to clutter it with too many options. That's also in a way why corona is as successful as it is I think ;) But if you can find a bunch of other people desperately craving for that feature then it is of course possible to do.

>> I agree, that's mine but maybe note everyones. Forget it ! :D
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-04-15, 16:51:50
Reply #28

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
>> I agree on the messy vision, but when you export lots of object such as complete scene of desk+furniture+pens+++++, there is always stuffs like circle001, line 024, box 035... and sometimes it runs smoothly, but you can also ficnish with box on desk, pens for chair backplate etc... messy too. And those shapes already have a messy number at the end... so box_024_001 is really messier ? :D

You should learn how to better organize your scenes / assets instead of requesting to propagate your messy workflow into proxy exporter script. Did you know that there is handy rename objects tool in 3ds max? ;]

>> I agree, that's mine but maybe note everyones. Forget it ! :D

Actually, i'm quite surprised that this workflow (keeping proxies in max scene files) is considered as specific. I don't work much with proxies, so maybe i don't know something, is there a better way to keep proxy and its material in on place? It must be much more convenient to merge proxies from max files with already assigned materials, then to hassle with material libraries, isn't it?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-17, 12:23:59
Reply #29

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER

You should learn how to better organize your scenes / assets instead of requesting to propagate your messy workflow into proxy exporter script. Did you know that there is handy rename objects tool in 3ds max? ;]

>> I dont know about any tool like this, your welcome to tell me ;)
Also, I think I organize my scenes pretty well, i'm here speaking about imported object made by other people. When you drag & drop complete sets of stuffs to populate a scene, you cant really control all the names of every objects, and it would be a time killer and such a boring stuff to do so. Also, IMO, renaming merged stuffs is a non-sens in a production workflow, you better spend your time producing renders than renaming objects, same opinion as setting Vray more than rendering with it (that's why i'm here ;) )

Actually, i'm quite surprised that this workflow (keeping proxies in max scene files) is considered as specific. I don't work much with proxies, so maybe i don't know something, is there a better way to keep proxy and its material in on place? It must be much more convenient to merge proxies from max files with already assigned materials, then to hassle with material libraries, isn't it?
[/quote]

>> I don't know any other way to do so, and I didn't invented this way of dealing with proxies & shaders, people showed me it was the best way to do it (by merging .max file to conserve bitmap path etc not drag & drop). I allow you to create full sets of stuffs (different living room, offices, 3D peoples, trees etc) in max's files, then convert it all into proxies, then import it in any other scene without having to deal again with objects, conversion, path pbs etc. I think that's boring to do once, but when done correctly it allow you to populate scene very very quickly, with no regards on paths pbs with rendernodes etc if stocking those .max files on a network drive.
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr