Author Topic: Tea Room  (Read 2777 times)

2021-04-25, 14:39:23

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone.

I wanted to share my latest personal project. The first project using the new physical materials system. Some ups and downs and time to adapt but I think the change has been good, some of the new features are very welcome.

Hope you like it, you can see some additional images at:

https://www.behance.net/gfabra1

Best regards,

Gabriel

Software: 3dsmax, corona render 7

2021-04-25, 22:07:52
Reply #1

EugeneDa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
The best :)

2021-04-26, 20:25:28
Reply #2

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi gabriel, really nice images! really photographic look, can you talk a bit on the tonemapping?

2021-04-27, 16:00:48
Reply #3

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi gabriel, really nice images! really photographic look, can you talk a bit on the tonemapping?

Hi!

Talking about tone mapping is always complicated, as it is a process that,  in my case, changes from image to image and more from project to project. At least, the post-production process is always the same. I save the render in tiff 16 bits and open it with Filter camera raw. I adjust lights, shadows, color, and contrast, depending on the image. Finally, I add a vignette effect (not too strong), chromatic aberration, and a sharpness filter. I never use render passes.

(You can see this link from another project of mine where I explain a little more: https://cgaward.com.ua/eng/publikacii/uroki/tutorial-3d-visualization-interior-gabriel-fabra.html)

I attach a screenshot of the VFB and a comparison between the render and the post-production.

I hope you find this useful, If you have any other questions feel free to ask anything.

2021-04-27, 19:15:49
Reply #4

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks! very kind from your part