Author Topic: Large interactive render size  (Read 4860 times)

2021-03-03, 11:57:23

Ahmad Kouti

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.ahmadkouti.com
Hi,

can we have an option to set interactive render size larger than desktop resolution?

When I apply detailed Bump or Displacement, the large size renders will be different from the small size and you will not see the details of these textures in the small size.

I want to see the right result by keeping the camera angle.

I'm talking about having an option like RT mode in F-Storm renderer.
« Last Edit: 2021-03-03, 14:07:59 by ahmadkouti »

2021-03-03, 13:54:35
Reply #1

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What would be the point of interactive window of that size ? It makes zero sense.

2021-03-03, 14:06:57
Reply #2

Ahmad Kouti

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.ahmadkouti.com
When you apply detailed Bump or Displacement, the large size renders will be different from the small size and you will not see the details of these textures in the small size.

I want to see the right result by keeping the camera angle.

I'm talking about having an option like RT mode in F-Storm renderer.

2021-03-03, 14:12:38
Reply #3

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just come closer with a cam. What you want and what Fstorm has is physical zoom. This would indeed be very nice to have in Corona I agree.

2021-03-03, 14:37:24
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Having very large IR window is simply unpractical, because renderer will take too much time to update to be called interactive. If you want to see small details up-close while keeping camera position and angle of view, then you can use 3ds Max's native 2D pan and zoom function, which forks just fine with Corona in IR mode.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-03-03, 14:57:33
Reply #5

Ahmad Kouti

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.ahmadkouti.com
Having very large IR window is simply unpractical, because renderer will take too much time to update to be called interactive. If you want to see small details up-close while keeping camera position and angle of view, then you can use 3ds Max's native 2D pan and zoom function, which forks just fine with Corona in IR mode.

Thanks