Author Topic: Corona Easy HDRI  (Read 19811 times)

2020-01-22, 12:54:01

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
This script can make your life a little bit easier by setting up the HDR lighting for Corona it will work with Corona 2 up to 5 or higher

Features:
-Create a camera from the viewport
-Set color direction (0 to 360)
-Make HDR warmer or colder
-"Warmer and colder" function will work only in Corona 4 or higher

see the video of this script here:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mohseni.mr/

2020-01-30, 20:13:24
Reply #1

ynotsop

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a great little script, thanks. Is there any way you could make it work so the user could load up multiple HDRIs and switch between them inside the script?

2020-01-30, 20:15:35
Reply #2

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
This is a great little script, thanks. Is there any way you could make it work so the user could load up multiple HDRIs and switch between them inside the script?
sure, this is easy. I will update it once I have free time.

2020-02-07, 08:33:03
Reply #3

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Mohammadreza, I am a great admirer of your work, but have only just recently discovered some of your Max / Corona tools. Easy HDRI and Color harmony are fabulous tools, but I have a couple questions about Easy HDRI.

1. I have no problem running the script from 'Script > Run Script' but it does not appear in 'Customize User Interface > Toolbars > Category (?)' - or at least I do not know the category it is listed under.

2. 'Load HDRI' function launches Windows Explorer, but only shows supported file formats, i.e. not JPG, PNG, TIF, etc. I understand why it is implemented in this way, but if the folder contains preview thumbnails for an associated HDR / EXR, the thumbnails are not visible, so a selection must be made based on file name alone.

2020-02-12, 06:36:00
Reply #4

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
I was able to write a custom macro to launch easy HDRI 👌

2021-04-09, 12:08:08
Reply #5

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
just downloaded and tested around with it, its amazing, thanks. The only thing I am stuck on is there a way to add fog to the background? as to fake Arial perceptive?

2021-04-10, 08:34:36
Reply #6

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
just downloaded and tested around with it, its amazing, thanks. The only thing I am stuck on is there a way to add fog to the background? as to fake Arial perceptive?
thanks for the kind words.
And, yes it is possible to add fake aerial using 3ds Max native fog (not quite as good though). or using corona volume fog which is slow compared to aerial perspective. the other option would be using a custom shader for this which may take a while for me to write it (I know OSL and can write the shader, it is not that complicated but it not my specialty so I am a little slow in it)

2021-04-10, 15:31:50
Reply #7

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile

thanks for the kind words.
And, yes it is possible to add fake aerial using 3ds Max native fog (not quite as good though). or using corona volume fog which is slow compared to aerial perspective. the other option would be using a custom shader for this which may take a while for me to write it (I know OSL and can write the shader, it is not that complicated but it not my specialty so I am a little slow in it)

I will have a test around with both of the ways you has said here and see what results I get. A custom shader would be amazing if in the future you could write one, im sure it would help alot of people out