Author Topic: Lightmix issues  (Read 3378 times)

2017-10-03, 14:42:55

andershaheim

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

Im fairly new to Corona, and i have some issues using the lightmix that i hope someone could help me with!
Ive built up a simple bathroom scene, with a sky, sun, and some interior lights, ive added these to the multipass lightmix.

I adjust all the lights so i looks allright during rendering and stop it to do the denoising, then it jumps into beauty mode with no noise but all the different light levels are wrong, if i switch to lightmix mode all lights are good but the denoising is not applied? seems like i have to choose between no noise or the right light levels?

Have i missed any settings?

2017-10-03, 15:01:50
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you enabled "Apply denoising"?

Care to show or share what's going on there?

BTW
IMO, this lightmix & denoise workflow in Corona is not intuitive, but rather 'dumb' (alike VRay's).

I'd imagine as a user, if denoise is used, it should be automatically applied to all passes while at the same time raw results should still be reachable.

« Last Edit: 2017-10-03, 15:06:16 by burnin »

2017-10-03, 17:01:11
Reply #2

andershaheim

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply burnin!

The denoising was not applied to all of the lights, however enabling them and rendering out another one gives me the same issue..

After the render is stopped i adjust all lights in the lightmix, however returning to beauty mode, disregards all changes ive done in the lightmix!

2017-10-03, 17:02:55
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Beauty is always the standard Beauty - the LightMix pass is the one that shows the results of the LightMix, leaving the Beauty untouched :) You can choose to save either, or both, the LightMix and Beauty as your finals. If you (for whatever reason) need the Beauty with the LightMix settings in it, you have to bake the LightMix to scene, and re-render. Hope this helps!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-03, 17:04:15
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The video tutorial on LightMix is at

in case that is useful too.

2017-10-03, 17:28:39
Reply #5

andershaheim

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks alot TomG!

The baking was the function i was looking for :)

2017-10-03, 17:38:36
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
NP! It's handy to run IR, adjust lighting in the LightMix (without having to find and tweak actual lights), then use >Scene to bake that back into the scene, and then presto can render the final Beauty with that look!